When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. Ancestry®, the global leader in family history, empowers journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives. With our unparalleled collection of more than 40 billion records, over 3 million subscribers and over 23 million people in our growing DNA network, customers can discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Over the past 40 years, we’ve built trusted relationships with millions of people who have chosen us as the platform for discovering, preserving and sharing the most important information about themselves and their families.
We are committed to our location flexible work approach, allowing you to choose to work in the nearest office, from your home, or a hybrid of both (subject to location restrictions and roles that are required to be in the office- see the full list of eligible US locations HERE). We will continue to hire and promote beyond the boundaries of our office locations, to enable broadened possibilities for employee diversity.
Together, we work every day to foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, and where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products and services reflect the global and diverse clients we serve.
Ancestry encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? Join the curious.
What you will you do…
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and development teams to seamlessly deploy models into our production systems, ensuring efficient and meaningful insights for our customers.
- Develop new data pipeline jobs to retrieve, process, and validate training data, ensuring data accuracy and reliability.
- Implement MLOps best practices throughout the system by creating tooling and automation to streamline model deployment and management processes.
- Utilize your expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IAC) frameworks to create and maintain robust infrastructure for our services, promoting scalability and flexibility.
- Serve as a mentor to other engineers, guiding them in adopting software engineering best practices and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in ML engineering, data engineering, backend development, or a related role.
- Strong understanding and experience in MLOps principles and their application in real-world scenarios.
- Proficiency in cloud computing platforms, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated experience working on projects involving large-scale, multi-dimensional databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with large scale data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark and MLflow would be a plus.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.