Data ScientistFull time
We are hiring a Data Scientist with NLP expertise to join our centralized Data Science & Machine Learning Team. Reporting to our VP of Data Science, you will be a leading contributor on a team bringing together advanced degrees and expertise solving Ancestry’s toughest and most exciting data science challenges. You will have access to Ancestry’s unique content collections and data spanning decades and centuries across a variety of media channels. Your mission is to mine, extract and organize information from these collections to create user experiences to inform, enlighten, and delight customers.
What you will do…
- Use Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing (CV-NLP) methods and expertise to build models that extract and organize information from billions of historical and genealogical records.
- Build models that promote product development, customer success, and content creation across our Family History business.
- Work with teams and partners across the company providing data science support for multiple projects.
- Advocate for a data-driven culture and push long-term value creation through development of outstanding data science capabilities.
Who you are…
- 4 years related professional experience
- Expert level in machine learning, computer vision, and deep learning
- Excellent project management and written skills
- Experience translating requirements from partners into detailed implementation plans
- Experience completing multiple data science projects end-to-end; from idea generation, objective formulation, to implementation and deliverables
- Experience understanding and implementing published models and methods for practical application and real-world problems.
- Experience in document image processing i.e.: computer vision methods, image classification, object detection, segmentation, layout analysis, redaction, handwriting recognition.
- Preference for experience building and training models with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow and Pytorch.
- Strong proficiency in Python and related imaging tools and libraries, Java and multi-threaded programming preferred
- Preference for current familiarity with leading trends and advances in document analysis and recognition, and experience with cloud (AWS)
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package.
We will share detailed compensation data for a specific location during the recruiting process. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.ancestrybenefits.com/.