We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the team:
The mission of the SAP Innovation Center Network (ICN) is to contextualize and pioneer emerging technologies that will be foundational for the future success of SAP and of our customers. We are a diverse, global team and collaborate across roles, functions, and locations, enabling every colleague to contribute and investigate new ideas. As part of ICN the Business Technology Platform (BTP) AI Center of Excellence (CoE) team based out of Silicon Valley, you will spearhead our efforts to research and prototype new AI BTP offerings, create strategic platform partnerships within the AI ecosystem, and help positioning SAP as the leading AI thought leader for enterprise solutions.
About the role:
- We are looking for a ML/Data Scientist who loves building new products in an iterative and fast-moving environment. At the BTP AI CoE team you will:
- Develop and support innovative, scalable and high performing technical solutions using emerging and state-of-the-art AI technologies.
- Continuously research emerging trends in AI/ML and apply these to business problems in an SAP BTP context.
- Develop and test analyses to explore enterprise data from various sources, identify robust patterns, automate the extraction of relevant insights with a focus on production suitability
- Experiment with different ML algorithms or techniques such as Knowledge Graph to derive possible solution for given problem. This may also include feature engineering, model building, model persistence, and visualizations.
- Improve and advance the data science lifecycle of our products. This includes data extraction, data cleaning, data explorations, feature engineering, model building, model persistence, and visualizations, with a focus on development and data pipeline aspects
- Work together with product management, designers, developers, data analysts and other data scientists to ensure product success
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative field, e.g., Computer Science, NLP, AI, Machine Learning
- 5+ years of experience in the delivery and management of data science and AI projects involving large & complex data sets and data science/machine learning pipeline.
- 3+ years of experience in Deep Learning, Q&A, Knowledge graph and text analysis; Proficient in NLP and Deep learning algorithms and frameworks.
- Experience in models including GPT/BERT/DeBerta/GLM/LLaMA, experience in federated Foundation model training is a plus.
- Strong in research paper scouting, understand GenAI research trends, able to implement research into code.
- Good understanding of and intuition for statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, statistical distributions, time series
- Experience with common analytics and data science frameworks: NumPy, sci-kit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, …
- Start-up experience or background is a plus.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world. SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com. For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 132,300 - 275200 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.