Purpose and Objective:
SuccessFactors, Inc. seeks a Senior Data Scientist at our Palo Alto, CA location to work closely with Product Management, Operations, and Development teams to define and implement data strategies to create insight into how customers implement and use SAP products.
Expectations and Tasks:
Retrieve, manipulate, and analyze data from various sources to draw relevant and actionable conclusions. Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of KPIs, recurring reports and dashboards to ensure high-level visibility of company performance and planning. Ensure data accuracy by validating data, identify any missing data, and work with engineering to start capturing the right data for analysis. Gather requirements from customers, prospects, engineers, sales, other product managers, and professional services consultants, and write detailed product specifications for the engineering team. Perform competitive analysis in determining and prioritizing feature requirements for existing and new products. Support internal teams (Finance, Sales, Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing and Customer Success) with data-driven analysis to drive key business initiatives and decisions. Contribute to data definitions, data storage infrastructure for data mining purposes, and data mining architectures. Utilize skills to resolve data mining performance issues, monitor data mining system performance, and implement efficiency improvements. Contribute to best practices for data mining topics.
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field of study and 6 years of progressive experience in the job offered or a related occupation. The company will also accept a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field of study and 4 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
Experience must involve 4 years in each of the following:
- Enterprise software such as HR/HCM processes or other business applications such as CRM, ERP, or financial systems;
- Define data requirements for business processes from customers, engineers, other product managers, and professional services consultants;
- Define metrics to measure business objectives by meeting with Product Managers;
- Build metrics models with Product Managers and present reports and dashboards to stakeholders;
- Understand and leverage data model and business context to develop data extraction processes from source systems;
- Define strategy for data collection;
- Use data integration and ETL applications to execute and manage SQL extraction processes from data stored in data base system such as HANA or Oracle source systems;
- Define data governance and metadata management strategies;
- Conduct data verification and validation processes to maintain data quality;
- Build data validation to ensure clean data stored in databases;
- Process data and perform data analysis in Microsoft Excel;
- Leverage quantitative analysis to take data as input and output actionable recommendations;
- Prepare and present reports, forecasts, trends and actionable insights to executive, business and technical teams;
- Perform program management tasks across multiple teams to ensure project timelines and deliverables are achieved; and
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis across a wide variety of business functions, such as customer support, product usage and engagement, and market analysis.
Compensation Range Transparency:
The annual base salary range for this position is $183,310 - $192,016. SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a signiﬁcant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is $183,310 - $224,800. The actual amount to be oﬀered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP beneﬁts and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.