Purpose and Objective:
SAP America, Inc. seeks a Data Scientist at our Palo Alto, CA location to Deliver account data analysis on internal and external datasets, enhance account intelligence signals to potential markets, account profiles, target accounts, product opportunities and marketing strategies.
Expectations and Tasks:
Query and aggregate heterogenous data sources to support global programs on account intelligence. Define, propose, and implement experimental research strategies on account intelligence. Consult with decision makers and senior management regarding strategic research, planning, and analysis, providing insight, knowledge and understanding of markets, solutions, and accounts. Provide high cross-functional coordination with external vendors and internal teams. Work closely with SAP stakeholders working on account intelligence. Enablement of Crystal Ball insights to digital audiences. Represent Crystal ball as “Expert Data Scientist” on account intelligence. Coordinate with different functional and technical teams to implement models and monitor outcomes. Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables. Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them. Create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members. Maintain responsibility for creation of AI and predictive data models.
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or a related field and 5 years of progressive experience in the job offered or a related occupation. Employer will also accept a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or a related field and 2 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
Experience must involve 2 years in the following:
- Utilize mathematics and statistics including Probability, Advanced Calculus and Linear Algebra, Regression Analysis, and Causal Inference;
- Perform Machine Learning and Data Mining by implementing Decision Trees, Random Forests, XGBoost Machine Learning Models, Time Series Forecasting, Model Troubleshooting, Unsupervised Machine Learning including K-Means Clustering;
- Review analytics capabilities using A/B Testing, Data Analysis, Hypothesis Testing;
- Conduct KPI identification and analysis using big data technologies;
- Perform database design and database querying using SQL, NoSQL languages, PySpark, Google Big Query, Azure Data Lake;
- Design dashboarding using Microsoft Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud, ETL Pipelines, and Tableau;
- Work with various cross functional teams in sales, marketing and data science;
- Utilize marketing analytics including A/B Testing, Targeted marketing machine learning models, conjoint analysis, and market segmentation;
- Use Python, R, SQL, Neo4j, and MongoDB; and
- Work in an Agile/Scrum Environment using JIRA for product development.