Purpose and Objective:
SAP Concur is looking for a skilled Data Scientist for our growing Data Science Team distributed around the globe, including in Prague. You will be at the heart of SAP Concur’s talented DS team - building software and working with other Data Scientists to develop and deliver high quality services to our customers quickly. Our intelligent services power a growing set of SAP Concur services – utilizing SAP Concur’s unique data for training ML models. You will be able to influence the experience of 25 million customers by highly scalable and reliable Machine Learning service that our customers love to use.
The successful candidate will bring a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges, will partner with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure, including reliable automation scripts that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly.
As a member of the Data Science Team, you will have the opportunity to innovate and create clever solutions to hard problems. Leverage the output of a large set of in-house annotators, and design exciting experiments to improve on existing services, build brand new ones, deploy solutions and measure the effectiveness in a production environment.
In this role, you will need to
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions to solve image, text, and data classification and interpretation problems in the SAP Concur domain.
- Design and run scientific experiments to measure the model run time performance (latency) as well as accuracy, precision and recall. Compare to prior models, and judge whether the any improvements are worth the investment.
- Analyze and decompose complex systems and services and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
- Work with the engineering team to ensure we have proper automation in place for unit tests and deployment automation.
- Naturally work across different groups (Developers, Product Managers, DevOps) to bring teams together and deliver on quality.
- Be an active advocate for Quality and the Customer
- Stay up to date on the latest developments in tools and techniques in the fast-moving ML space.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in a Data Science role or capacity
- Excellent problem-solving skills - using available to your advantage.
- 3+ years coding in Python or similar languages
- Experience with API test automations.
- 2+ years working in CI/CD environment
- Great communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- An advanced degree in math, science or related field.
- Prior experience with ML deployment environments.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- AWS tools for machine learning