The Senior Data Scientist Business Intelligence will help define and shape innovative trending and modelling techniques to analyze data, build insights and drive business impact across the US for the Americas Region. The key focus is to help accelerate sales growth across ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses for Independent Eye Care Professionals and Retail Outlets.
This is an exciting and meaningful position as an integral part of the overall Business Intelligence Team. This individual should bring passionate thought leadership and ideas from the data science space to help the Business Intelligence team shape and drive business impact using modern tools and data science techniques.
Proactive, curious, and empathetic individuals tend to be the most successful in this type of role. They can lead themselves well and seek out solutions without having to be told. They get more engaged with difficult problems. They seek to understand the people-side of the problem.
- Help define and shape innovative trending and modelling techniques to analyze data, build insights and drive business impact across the US
- Apply analytical/statistical methods to complex and disparate data sources
- Lead the creation of analytical models, such as clustering and targeting for customer groups, with focus on business growth
- Help determine and solve business critical problem statements through modeling knowledge and discussion and collaboration with broader business intelligence team and marketing and sales partners
- Lead targeting exercises to support key initiatives for marketing and sales
- Communicate and collaborate model results with Business Intelligence leadership and other leaders in the organization
- Work with business partners and business intelligence team to proactively identify data trends through data and modeling efforts
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred. Degree concentration in a STEM field (Computer Science, Information/Data Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or Mathematics/Statistics) highly preferred.
- Three years total experience in data science or related field required, with experience analyzing real-world (noisy/imperfect/incomplete) datasets and developing algorithms to address problems required
- Prior experience with programming / software development is required, preferably in Python and/or R
- Proactive engagement with partners to solve business problems
- Superior attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to balance multiple tasks
- Ability to talk with business partner and help determine problem statement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work solo and as part of a team
- Desire to grow career and influence how data science can provide business value
- Experience working with data analytics, visualization software, and database tools such as Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, SAS, SAS JMP or similar systems is highly preferred
- There is a strong location preference for Jacksonville, Florida, with consideration for remote applicants
- Up to 10% domestic travel.
For US based candidates, the base pay range for this position is $100,300 USD to $135,700 USD. Some U.S. states have recently instituted certain pay transparency disclosure requirements. This means that for jobs posted by J&J corporate legal entities in Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, and New York (collectively the “Enumerated States”). If the job can be performed in one of these identified states or the job can be performed remotely, the posting must include the anticipated pay range for the position in question, and in certain circumstances, benefits information.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.