Data Scientist, People Data & InsightsFull time
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. is seeking a Data Scientist, People and Data Analytics with a primary location in New Brunswick, NJ. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $94.9 Billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Workforce Analytics team at Johnson & Johnson provides the insights and perspective on our employees and workforce that allow us to fulfill our mission of helping people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
This position is a fulltime fixed-term project with a scheduled end date of June 2025.
As a Data Scientist with Workforce Analytics, you will partner closely with HR and business stakeholders to apply algorithms and data science methods to address critical questions about our workforce. You will work with a variety of internal and external partners to help ensure that our investment in people aligns with the overall strategy of our organization. Your contributions will help ensure we continue to grow the rich culture and workplace that inspire the people of Johnson & Johnson.
In this role, you will be working as part of the Data Science team within Workforce Analytics to:
- Power the data science product strategy by programming and developing applications and new data science products as well as enhancements to existing products.
- Extract, sanitize and leverage large amounts of data from our central HR Data Hub to deploy data science solutions at scale.
- Keep up to date on the leading edge of data mining and machine learning research by doing novel studies and keeping apprised with industry research/practices.
- Translate key business questions to conceive, design, develop, and execute analytical solutions, including developing requirements, gathering/processing/analyzing data, and delivering insights through various channels (presentations, applications, other content).
- Participate in project teams comprised of internal and external team members.
- Elicit needs and act in a primary role as a trusted business and analytical partner.
- Serve as part of a dynamic team with success hinging on effective collaboration with other team members.
- Work with large, complex data sets demonstrating extraordinary judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data.
- Make business recommendations by delivering effective presentations of findings through effective visual displays of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with programming and application development using Python.
- Minimum of 2 years experience applying predictive modeling techniques such as ML, decision trees, ensemble learning, neural networks etc., and data transformation such as text mining, fuzzy matching, etc.
- A deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques/algorithms and their mathematical foundations to apply and tailor as necessary to include supervised, unsupervised, and semi-supervised learning methods is required.
- Understanding of applied statistics (e.g., advanced statistical analysis, underlying assumptions of statistical modeling, interpretation of statistical results) and know which methods are most appropriate for a given research problem is required.
- Ability to translate technical findings to non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working with human resources/people data is a plus.
- This position will be primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ with up to 5% domestic travel required. Flexible work arrangements available as appropriate.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The base pay range for this position is $102,000 - $163,300.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits