Encounter Data SpecialistFull time
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role will be onsite at the Client in Des Moines, Iowa. IBM seeks a data expert with proven project management skills to assist in managing Medicaid encounter data validation work for the State of Iowa. The successful candidate will be experienced in data flows of Medicaid managed care encounter data and data validation/data management work. Experience with healthcare data warehousing is also helpful. The following are the roles/responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise to key stakeholders and data suppliers to identify and resolve Medicaid encounter data issues
- Contribute significantly to meetings of stakeholders and senior administrators
- Review data analysis reports and provide feedback on issues
- Drive issue resolution with stakeholders and data suppliers (i.e., managed care organizations, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining a project schedule for issue resolution, and provide updates to senior management on risks
- Query data using SQL and other data analytic systems extensively; review to see if data issues are resolved or if additional work is required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2 years experience with data management and data validation work.
- 2+ years Experience with Medicaid data.
- 2+ years experience with encounter data transaction and data flows.
- Project management experience is required.
- Experience with building Project Schedules, Risk Logs, and other project management documents also required.
- Experience with healthcare claims data (including encounter data received from managed care organizations (MCOs))
- Experience with working on resolving data reconciliation / data integrity issue
- Experience working with CMS and/or State Medicaid Agencies using their MMIS / EDW / MSIS data
- Experience with management and fitness of data elements within an Enterprise Data Warehouse for both content and metadata.
- Experience with SQL
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Iowa Medicaid data a plus
- 2+ years experience with performing data analytics on encounter data strongly preferred
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- CMMI certification or experience preferred