Senior Manager, Data Science - Product AnalyticsFull time
Are you a passionate problem solver motivated in applying statistics, advanced analytics & testing methodologies to achieve ecommerce optimization?
We are seeking an experienced analytics professional to bring their knowledge to a senior management position within our Global Product Analytics Team!
Partnering with our transport product managers, this role will be supporting key business decisions throughout the product development lifecycle to improve the user experience, which will underpin bottom-line growth on brands such as Expedia, Orbitz and Car Rentals. Key responsibilities will include leading a global team of skilled analysts, uncovering customer friction points, hypothesis generation and prioritization, experimentation design, valid and impartial test analysis and recommendations.
What you’ll do:
- Team management: recruitment, performance management, mentoring and motivating to achieve a common goal
- Promote and maintain diversity and an equal opportunity inclusive work environment
- Providing embedded product analytics services to Flight, Car Rentals and Cruise product development teams
- Own experience optimization & experimentation performance evaluation. Hold teams accountable for results by guiding targets and influencing product roadmaps and processes
- Drive an analytics strategy to enhance decision making from ideation & prioritization through to delivery
- Lead prioritized group-wide strategic projects
- Partner and prioritise resources to support overall business objectives, through full transparency of resource allocation commitments and backlog prioritization
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and storytelling with a religious focus on meaningful analytics
- Actively engage with multiple departments across the organization, including Product, User Experience, Engineering, Data Science and Partner Services to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
Who you are:
- 2+ years of managerial experience of distributed teams
- 3-5 years of work experience doing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- A strong analytical attitude and skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into constituent parameters
- Experience with large data sets, proficient in SQL or other programming languages (R, Python)
- Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
- Experience in Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a plus
- A sharp focus on delivering results and insights, using the most practical and fastest approach
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for making an impact, along with strong attention to detail
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $161,500.00 to $226,000.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $258,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.