If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Data Scientist III, Analytics
Are you passionate about data, analytics, and working with top talents to tackle complex problems? If you’re motivated about making an impact by gleaning insights and recommendations that drive improvements and you have shown success in using analytics to drive the innovation and user engagement of a product, we want to speak to you!
We are seeking an experienced analytics professional to join our Product Analytics & Experimentation Team, supporting the lodging supply partner experience platform initiatives in the spaces of onboarding and contracting. It will be a mid-level individual contributor role partnering with product managers within the Partner Product org. The role will be supporting key business decisions throughout the product development lifecycle that improves the partner experience to drive bottom-line growth. This involves tracking measures of success and supporting metric, identifying areas of improvement and relevant business questions, developing and prioritizing hypotheses, conducting experiments and interpreting the results, and providing actionable informed recommendations.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, data visualization with a goal of improving partner experience and business results with a religious focus on impactful analytics
- Work with multiple stakeholders, lead product analytics projects, and operate within a community of analysts, sharing findings, wins and methodologies
- Own end to end process in evaluating experiments; proactively see opportunities and recommend new feature or variant for test and learn
- Contribute to tracking measures of success and supporting metrics, build accurate and easy to consume dashboards/reports
- Collaborate with the product teams in target setting, product performance review and strategy planning
- Take initiative to identify current and potential problems and opportunities, and recommend the best solution given the trade-offs
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings through visual displays of quantitative information
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in data mining, statistical modelling and business analysis with at least a Bachelor’s in an analytical field (STEM) required. Advanced degrees/qualifications in the domain field are a plus but not essential
- Experience with data sciences languages such as SQL, Python and/or R
- Experience with digital analytics tools i.e. Adobe Analytics, and experience with BI tools i.e. Excel, Tableau, Power BI
- Experience in statistical analysis and A/B testing, predictive modeling, computational systems, and optimization techniques
- A strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into constituent parameters and to translate complex data findings into clear insights, further complemented by storytelling skills that effectively convey these insights
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work with different functions (product, strategy, engineering, etc.), identifying needs and managing expectations (meeting deadlines, maximizing impact, and minimizing surprises)
- Result-oriented, using the most efficient approach
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for making an impact along with strong attention to detail, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, dynamic and fast-paced environment
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.