Senior Data Scientist, AnalyticsFull time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you excited by the opportunity to pioneer the future of travel? Do you want to redefine the way people plan, search for, and book their travel? At Expedia Group, we believe that travel brings the world together, and we are passionate about endless possibilities. The InsurTech group at Expedia team is responsible for managing the InsurTech P&L and driving its strategy, product, technology, and business development efforts across the Expedia Group globally. We deliver millions of dollars of incremental revenue, making a direct and meaningful impact on the company’s bottom line. At the same time, we increase customers’ confidence to book travel, peace of mind, and make a difference in their lives.
As part of the InsurTech Data Science Team, we are passionate about enhancing the end-to-end traveler experience! We leverage the power of data to drive end to end data driven insights and recommendations for Data Foundation, product analytics, Experimentation, traveler behavior, and provide insightful recommendations.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and self-driven individual to join our inclusive, diverse, and dynamic team, someone who thrives on using data to shape compelling business strategies, solve intricate challenges, enhance ongoing operations, and contribute to a team that plays a pivotal role in decision-making. In this role, your analytical prowess and business acumen will serve as catalysts, inspiring collaboration across product, engineering, finance, business strategy, and our valued strategic partners to prioritize, implement, and scale innovative product solutions that redefine the traveler experience.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team to help drive data driven solutions and to deliver impactful analytics insights. If you enjoy using data to build business cases, solve business problems, improve ongoing business activities, and to work on a team that functions as the “business owner” you will fit right in. In this role, you will use your analytical and business skills to inspire product, engineering, finance, business and strategy, and our strategic partners to prioritize, implement and scale our product ideas.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide analysis and insights for the InsurTech business, while actively looking for opportunities to grow the business
- Apply your expertise in data modeling, quantitative analysis, data mining, data visualization with a goal of improving traveler experience and business outcomes with a strong focus on impactful analytics, steward product team to drive insights
- Own end to end process in evaluating A/B or multivariate tests to improve learning; proactively uncover opportunities and recommend new features for test and learn; evaluate and apply alternative methods to supplement randomized testing
- Deep dive into product tests for InsurTech team to identifyadditional insights and recommendations
- Analyze business opportunities across different products in our portfolio
- Function independently, assessing existing and upcoming business needs
- Help lead and mentor a team and colleagues
- Bachelor’s, Masters or PhD degree in Mathematics, Science, Statistics, Engineering and 7+ years of data science experience
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex business problems and partner with internal and externalpartners using consultative data driven approaches
- Prior experience in managing and mentoring a team and colleagues
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into insights, actionable outcomes, and recommendations
- Able to structure / work on data exploration problems, with innovative ways and solutions, bringing to bear strong reporting and data visualization skills
- Strong hands-on experience in SQL
- Proficient in building data visualizations (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Intermediate (or better) knowledge of Statistics and Data Science
- Experience with R, python, or other coding language
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics