Sr. Data Scientist- Consumer Deposits & Small BusinessFull time
The position you were interested in has been filled or expired, but we invite you to explore other exciting job openings on our platform to find your next career opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In this role, you can expect to:
- Be a strategic partner to Product, Pricing and Finance leadership, developing analytical solutions, robust business cases and product / business strategy proposals in line with business objectives
- Provide analytics support across lifecycle initiatives: customer and deposit acquisition, pricing, customer engagement and lifetime value optimization and portfolio / risk management
- Develop predictive analytics, customer segmentation approaches and hypothesis-driven data deliverables for continuous process and business optimization
- Be able to influence executives and business partners with compelling narratives and dashboards reporting
- Proactively research opportunities for profitable growth and engage the right technical and/or business partners to develop meaningful action plans ensuring compliance with all policies, laws and regulations.
- Have a test and learn mentality and employ problem solving frameworks and big-picture thinking to translate both ambiguous and tactical business queries into analytical deliverables, aligned to strategic goals
- Partner closely with data scientists and data engineers to analyze complex data from disparate systems, implement analytics solutions and evangelize data best practices
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics or similar);
- 5-7 years progressive experience with data mining/advanced analytics; Prior experience with Retail Banking (Required) in a role supporting Consumer Deposits, Small Business, Payments, Pricing or Investments (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with data exploration, hypothesis creation, algorithm testing, and scaling to large datasets
- Proficient using SAS, SQL and one other programming language (Python, R etc) and ability to adapt to various programming languages and environments; Experience working with AWS and Snowflake preferred
- Ability to conceptualize and execute analytical work based on broad business objectives, build strategic and analytical frameworks and articulate business impact
- Advanced knowledge of and breadth of analytic methodologies - statistics & machine learning - e.g. linear and non-linear regression, logistic regression, clustering (k-means, EM, Mean-shift), classification algorithms, decision trees, ensembles (bagging, boosting, rand)
- Ability to work with large scale data to derive insights through data analysis, optimization or risk classification algorithms and communicate results to Executives and non-technical audiences
- Individually motivated, strong business acumen and quantitative / problem-solving skills with a focus on delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfort partnering with leadership
For NYC Job Applicants: The base annual salary range for this position is $105,125-$175,000. The exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications and location.