At Santander Bank NA, we rely on insightful data to drive strategic business decisions. For this role we are seeking a data scientist to help deliver insights on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have mathematical and statistical expertise, along with natural curiosity and a creative mind. The individual will help research and design statistical models/processes for data analysis. Enable smarter business processes by using analytics for meaningful insights. Ability to communicate with business partners to present analysis in a concise and actionable way.
Essential Functions/Responsibility Statements:
- Analyze data for trends and patterns and interpret data with clear objectives in mind.
- Build advanced models that can identify drivers, root cause, and provide prescriptive analytics
- Implement analytical models in production by collaborating with software developers and machine-learning engineers.
- Establishes and takes accountability towards meeting deadlines and milestones.
- Presents quantitative results clearly and concisely and display a capability to discuss statistical and quantitative concepts coherently.
- Ensures compliance by maintaining knowledge of changes in the regulatory environment.
- Develops efficient ways to conduct ad-hoc model run processes used to conduct model related research.
- Conducts independent quantitative analytics.
- Execution of quantitative models and tools to support analytic research.
- Leads efforts in development of analytic tools/processes.
- Develops and prototypes portfolio, models, forecasts report to support forecast analytics operations.
- Creates, reviews and updates model documentation (development process, methodology, user guide, etc.).
- Ensures that risks inherent in model development and usage are properly identified and managed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience: Data Science, Data Analysis, Operational Research, Decision Management or equivalent quantitative field. Req
- Master’s Degree Data Science, Data Analysis, Operational Research, Decision Management or equivalent quantitative field. Pref
1+ Years Data mining/advanced analytics applied to large-scale data-intensive projects. Pref
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience joining disparate data sets using tools like SQL Server, Python/R, and Tableau
- Demonstrated experience building and applying machine learning/predictive modeling in real-world use cases.
- Strong modeling and data manipulation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of statistical tools and their application to business, as well as principles of cost/benefit analysis, risk management, marketing, collections and operations.
- Ability to multitask and properly prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on the completion of high-profile projects and initiatives.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.