Data Scientist, Everyday BankingFull time
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a data scientist in Everyday Banking, you will work closely with Product Owners, Data Engineers, and Engagement Squads to design, develop and deploy advanced analytical solutions to optimise the performance of customer engagement activities.
The difference you’ll make.
- Development and deployment of predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to improve the effectiveness of customer engagement activity.
- Work closely with data engineering functions to improve our ability to react to real time events and provide more timely, relevant customer solutions
- Maintain and optimise our existing suite of propensity models and triggers currently used to support 121 customer activity.
- Evaluate the performance of existing solutions and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with customer engagement squads and data science areas to develop solutions that support a broad range of commercial objectives in EDB
- Present information using data visualisation techniques.
What you’ll bring.
- The ability to use linear and non-linear regression, logistic regression, models and classification techniques for data analysis and clustering.
- Proficiency in various programming languages, such as Python, R and SQL along with strong coding skills
- It would also be nice for you to have.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- An understanding and experience of Agile ways of working
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What else you need to know.
Initial interviews will be conducted via MS Teams, if a second interview is required these may be face to face Site Based Contract with a Hybrid Working Pattern, 2 days per week in Milton Keynes This is a 12-month secondment
At Santander we’re creating a thriving workplace where all colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. We all help to make Santander a workplace that celebrates diversity and attracts, retains and develops the most talented and committed people through living our values of Simple, Personal, and Fair.
How we’ll reward you.
- As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us.
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans
What to do next.
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.