We’ve invested beyond Motor Insurance. We have a dedicated Pricing and Underwriting team to deliver the ambitious strategy we have for our Home Insurance product.
This effort has the full support of the business, benefits from a state of the art tech stack and inputs from the entire Actuarial and Data Science (AnDS) community at Hastings, as such it’s an extremely exciting time to join the team.
To build upon the foundations and early successes of the recently formed Home team we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist with strong programming skills and a passion for data.
This candidate will fuel our ongoing development of the technical models that are critical to the next stage of our commercial agenda.
As a Senior Data Scientist in the Home Underwriting team, you will be reporting to the Home AnDS lead, working closely with the Data, Analytical and ML Engineering teams.
You will play a pivotal role in the development and deployment of machine learning models and data science solutions to extract the crucial predictive insight that underpins all our technical pricing and helps maintain our competitive edge.
You will provide strategic guidance and tooling to benefit the wider Pricing, Data and Analytics community and support data-driven innovation.
How you will make a difference:
- Developing, analysing, and overseeing the implementation of advanced statistical and machine learning models into live pricing.
- Developing tools and solutions to support the management of our risk portfolio.
- Stretching the team’s capabilities in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and use of Cloud technologies.
- Working cross-functionally with the wider Underwriting team to develop the Home data landscape.
- Engineering powerful new features to be deployed into our pricing algorithms.
- Advocating for data science and software development best practices.
- Engaging commercial stakeholders to gather detailed business requirements and coordinating project activities.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of delivering commercial value using supervised machine learning techniques.
- Advanced Python programmer, and experience with data manipulation and analysis libraries (e.g., NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn)
- Advanced knowledge of data science technologies including tooling and platforms.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Proficient with Git.
- Ability to drive projects from initiation to completion.
- Keen interest in emerging Machine Learning techniques.
- Desirable: Experience with Cloud deployments (e.g. Azure/AWS/GCP) and data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark).
Benefits for you
We’ve got big growth plans for our Home book, joining our new team will be like joining a new start up that happens to be attached to a growing and successful motor insurer with the capital needed to invest and succeed in analytical expertise.
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary
- £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 27 days annual leave