Hastings is a data driven company within the UK general insurance market; our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Pricing Data and Analytics team, where we’ve invested heavily into data and technology.
We’re looking for a number of experienced Data Scientists to assist in the identification and creation of cutting-edge data assets and predictive models that feed into Hastings’ market-leading pricing activities.
This role is within a combined team of Actuaries and Data Scientists championing the adoption of the latest machine learning (ML) techniques to leverage powerful insights from vast amounts of customer information.
What you will do;
- Create and maintain analytical tools to support in the management of our risk portfolio.
- Develop best in-class models to predict claims outcomes, fraud and other risk KPIs.
- Engineer powerful new rating factors to be deployed into our rating algorithms.
- Identify, analyse and monetise new data sources.
What we’re looking for;
- Strong technical modelling skills.
- Proven track record of delivering commercial value.
- At least 2 years’ experience using Python and ML libraries to build data science/machine learning products in a commercial environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience using structured query languages (SQL).
- Keen interest in emerging ML techniques and their commercial value.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Actuaries and Pricing Analysts.
- Experience using cloud-based ML technologies.
- GitHub as a code collaboration tool.
- Experience in financial services.
- Natural problem solver who loves building quality solutions to complex real-world challenges.
- Ability to work independently to deliver solutions to a well-defined set of requirements.
- Dynamic, flexible and delivery-focused work ethic required to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
We appreciate the importance of bringing teams together, and how this can support our collaboration and communication. So we offer a hybrid working approach from our Bexhill and London offices.
A real opportunity to make this role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and data focussed environment.
What you will get;
- Competitive salary
- Upto 10% contributed pension scheme
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays