Data Science ManagerFull time
Hastings is a data driven company within the UK general insurance market; our vision is to become the best and biggest digital insurer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Pricing Data and Analytics team, where we’ve invested heavily into data and technology.
We’re looking for a Data Science manager to lead, develop and grow a team of Data Scientists delivering cutting-edge data assets and predictive models feeding into Hastings’ market-leading pricing strategy.
You will also;
- Be the technical lead across projects that create and maintain analytical tools supporting the management of our risk portfolio
- Develop best in-class models that predict claims outcomes, fraud and other risk performance
- Engineer powerful new rating factors for deployment into our rating algorithms
- Identify, analyse and monetise new data sources
- Manage, coach and inspire a team of Actuaries and Data Scientists
- Build reusable and innovative data modelling processes
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working cross-functionally with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Actuaries and Risk Pricing Analysts
- Proven and successful background leading high performing data teams
- Experience using structured query languages (SQL)
- Experience using Python and ML libraries to build data science/machine learning products.
- A natural problem solver, innovative, and curious to spot new opportunities and enjoy engaging senior stakeholders in the delivery of strategic change
We appreciate the importance of bringing teams together, and how this can support our collaboration and communication. So we offer a hybrid working approach from our Bexhill and London offices.
We’ve got big growth plans, joining our Data Science team will be like joining a start-up that happens to be attached to a growing and successful Insurer with the capital needed to invest and succeed in data capability.
A real opportunity to make this role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and data focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we offer
- Upto 10% contributed pension scheme
- Up to 20% bonus earning potential
- £5k car allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays