Data Scientist II - Product Analytics
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
We are looking for a passionate data scientist to provide valuable analytics and decision support to Expedia’s Business. As a core member within our Loyalty Platform Analytics team, your insights will be used to enhance our product features and has direct impact to millions of Expedia customers. This position will mainly partner with various teams in product, engineering, strategy and other business teams to optimize our Loyalty capabilities.
In this role, the candidate will contribute to many aspects of product development, including understanding user behavior for on-site search, test and learn, machine-learning/algorithm building for product recommendations, opportunity identification, and problem-solving. If you are a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics & data science to drive innovation and user engagement of a product, then this position is for you!
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex business problems and implement suitable solutions.
- Solid experience in data visualization using Tableau or similar tools along with Analytics expertise.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands in a fluid environment.
- Good to have knowledge of Data Science, statistical/predictive modeling, operation research and optimization techniques.
What You Will Do:
- Take initiative to identify current and potential problems and determine the best solution. Involve and/or manage the people and resources required
- Produce outstanding results by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to the company’s business success
- Understand duties and responsibilities, have necessary job knowledge, have necessary technical skills, understand company mission/values, be in command of critical issues
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing, create accurate and punctual reports, deliver presentations, share information and ideas with others, listen carefully and consider what others have to say, including differing viewpoints
- Structure problems, extract and analyze data, and present the findings to corporate leadership and internal customers
- Assume end-to-end ownership of key analytical projects
- Proactively and directly engages with partners to assess existing and upcoming project needs and maintains regular communication on progress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to providethem the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.