Data ScientistFull time
Now Brewing – Data Scientist!
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a Data Scientist on the Data, Analytics, Insights, and Business Operations team, you will work cross-functionally with data engineers, data scientists, business experts, and external vendors to help Starbucks make decisions better by using data and analytics. You will use your experience with forecasting, automating ETL processes, and designing and building analytical models using structured or unstructured data. You will work directly with business partners and technology teams from problem identification to solution. You will quickly become an expert in one of our key business and data domains (Supply Chain, People Analytics, Marketing, or Store) and work cross functionally in an analytics center of excellence to improve existing processes or analytical approaches
As a data scientist, you will…
- Extracts data from various databases; performs exploratory data analysis, cleanses, massages, and aggregates data
- Determines analytics approach to solve business problems; incorporates machine learning algorithms where appropriate
- Employs scaling & automation to data preparation techniques
- Transform model outputs into formats that are digestible to the end users through visualization, clear tables, and/or thoughtful presentations. Assist technical and non-technical end users in how to leverage and interpret the analysis.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Education: BS+ with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, Quantitative Social Science, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 3+ years industry experience in data science
- Strong background working with predictive and statistical modeling, machine learning and strong expertise in all phases of the modeling pipeline
- Experience building complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Strong SQL, database and ETL skills required including cleaning and managing data.
- Advanced competency and expertise in Python, R or other platforms*
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to educate others on statistical / machine learning methods
- Self-starter, attention to details and results orientated, able to work under minimal guidance.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Experience on Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, preferred
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!