Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As a Data Scientist in Parts Pricing, you will use methods in visualization and analytics to solve problems for internal Caterpillar customers. You will contribute to the Parts Pricing mission by engaging in projects of medium to high complexity with direct business impact.
This role is primarily focused on the analysis and reporting of Parts Pricing data. Top candidates will have prior experience in a business intelligence role with dashboard design and development experience in Power BI.
- Design, develop, and maintain Parts Pricing dashboards and reports
- Provide analytics support to high profile Enterprise Strategy Division Projects
- Use analytics methods to make recommendations to Parts Pricing Managers
- Manage 2-3 projects concurrently
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in previous BI role, with Power BI experience
- 1+ years of experience using SQL
- Master’s degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, engineering, finance, computer science/information systems or business analytics
- 4+ years of experience in business intelligence positions
- Experience with DAX programming
- Experience with M code is highly desirable
- 2+ years of experience programming in R or Python
- 2+ years of experience visualizing data and developing reproducible reports
- 1+ years of experience working with Git (Version Control)
- Knowledge of popular dashboard design concepts
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Knowledge of Caterpillar parts related data
- Power Automate, Alteryx, or PySpark experience a plus
Relocation assistance is available for this position
I am sorry, but sponsorship is not available for this role.
Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers. EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.