Data Science InternFull time
What to Expect
Disclaimer: This posting is for both the Spring and/or Summer terms. Please accurately state your availability when applying. The Spring Internship is expected to start around January or February 2024 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through May 2024). The Summer Internship is expected to start around May 2024 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August 2024). We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time (40 hours/week) and on-site. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week on-site. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success.
The Cell Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly motivated intern to contribute to fundamental improvements our knowledge of how cells work. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work with a world-class team on developing Tesla’s battery technology. This role is focused on analysis and interpretation of battery test and image data. Your work may include developing software to improve workflows, analyzing large datasets generated from our test labs, creating data visualizations, and improving the robustness of our automated analysis pipeline. The ideal candidate will combine strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals with software programming. Teamwork, analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail are all highly valued skills. Individuals at every level carry a tremendous amount of responsibility and should look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
What You’ll Do
- Designing tests and analyzing data to explore fundamental battery degradation modes
- Exploring large datasets to evaluate, benchmark, and understand cell lifetime and degradation
- Creating tools for rapid analysis of datasets and characterization techniques
- Improve robustness of our ML and analysis pipeline
What You’ll Bring
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Significant, demonstrated technical contributions towards past projects
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with complex requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Some familiarity with dev-ops tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Redis
- Some familiarity with data science, image analysis and deep learning
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits As a full-time Tesla Intern, you will be eligible for:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans. Both have an option with a $0 payroll contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company Paid Basic Life, AD&D, and short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick time after 90 days of employment and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Expected Compensation $20.00 - $50.00 + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.