In this position…
This position is for a Technical Lead in Connected Vehicle Early Warning Team, in the Model e Organization. The Model e Quality team is looking for a connected vehicle Data Analytics Technical Lead in support of the Quality Early Warning & Detection team efforts. In this role, the specialist will be extracting knowledge and insights from high dimensional data (such as connected vehicle data) to lead and manage the investigation of potential quality issues during vehicle launch, develop connected vehicle data tools for internal customers, and leverage data supporting the team problem solving efforts. We are looking for team members who have a passion for learning new skills, taking on challenging work, have a passion for quality, love working with data, and enjoy problem solving.
What you’ll do…
Work with the Product Development teams to extract knowledge and insights from high volume, high dimensional data in Google Cloud to investigate complex technical problems through a range of data preparation, modeling, analysis, and/or visualization techniques.
Perform a statistical analysis, predictive modeling and/or pattern recognitions, using AI/ML methods for the engineering team’s understanding of the data. Collaborate with Product Development and GDIA (Global Data Insight Analytics), in the development or revision of tools and processes in support of root cause investigations and problem solving.
Monitor corrective action effectiveness of in-use performance of software updates, part revisions, systems, or features using connected vehicle data Apply project management disciplines by making sure that risks are identified, mitigated, or escalated
Promote and use Agile Data Collection methods in support engineering problem solving and data-driven decisions Build strong and positive relationships with business partners across multiple organizations.
- Master’s of Science degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in query languages, SQL, HiveQL, Google BigQuery, or Spark.
- 1+ years pf experience with Google Cloud Technologies including BigQuery, DataProc, Cloud Run etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Automotive systems, features, and/or components
- 6+ months of experience developing AI/ML models that predict quality issues across automotive components.
Even better, you may have…
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in query languages, SQL, HiveQL, Google BigQuery, or Spark.
- 2+ years of experience with Google Cloud Technologies including BigQuery, DataProc, Cloud Run etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Automotive systems, features, and/or components
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analytics
- 2+ years of experience developing AI/ML models that predict quality issues across automotive components
- Ability to write sophisticated SQL queries needed to query & analyze data
- Ability to understand how to ingest big data sets from a variety of sources (SQL, Google BigTable, Hadoop, Hive Tables, etc.)
- Ability to visualize and communicate findings to make data analysis measurable and understandable by business partners
- Ability to take complex problems and break them down to build and implement an action plan
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, ability to engage with upper management as well as peers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple teams and projects
- Proven to consistently perform at a high-level of technical competence, showing composure and decisiveness under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we’ve outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here: https://fordcareers.co/LL6HTHD
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.