The Digital and Technology Services organization is transforming how Coca-Cola leverages data and technology across the entire company. We passionately develop and scale leading data capabilities for Coca-Cola, driving growth and delighting consumers through innovation and agile, insight-led decision-making.
Job Description Summary:
You will play a critical role in the growing ML Engineering team, where you will be responsible for deploying and managing advanced analytics and machine learning models across critical domains, including marketing, supply chain, finance, digital transformation, and food and beverage science. You will work closely with IT partners, data scientists, process owners, and business stakeholders to deliver impactful AI/ML solutions at a significant scale. You will be able to do your best work every day and deliver disruptive innovation by tapping into new datasets, leveraging the latest cloud technologies, and being supported by a robust IT and analytics organization.
- Lead, guide, and mentor a growing team of world-class ML engineers, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Partner with data scientists and diverse stakeholders across the organization to translate challenging business problems into impactful AI/ML solutions for the company.
- Oversee the development and implementation of high-performance data/AI/ML pipelines
- Ensure the uptime and ongoing quality of AI/ML models and supportive data pipelines
- Communicate complex analytical work to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executive management such as the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Build and maintain a robust library of AI/ML engineering solutions, reusable frameworks, algorithms, and supportive code.
- Drive innovation and influence strategy for AI/ML and emerging technology by keeping up to date with the latest technology trends, research, and best practices in the field
- Master’s degree in a technical/analytical field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Operations Research. Three additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted instead of a Master’s degree.
- 10+ years working in Data Science, Data Engineering, and AI/ML, with a strong focus on optimizing, deploying, and supporting production models at scale.
- 5+ years of management experience leading high-performing, highly technical teams
- 3+ years working in distributed computing and large-scale data processing with tools like Spark.
- 3+ years’ experience with at least one public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure), including an understanding of cloud architecture and hands-on experience implementing cloud-based AI/ML
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at multiple levels of management
- Proficiency in working with AI/ML frameworks and libraries like sci-kit-learn and Pytorch
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes and tools, with a demonstrated ability to apply these successfully in AI/ML projects
- Proven experience leading and promoting a culture of high-quality code through best practices in software development, including unit/integration testing and code reviews.
- Strong experience with code version control platforms like GitHub, GitLab, or Azure DevOps
- Strong experience with microservice architectures, API development, and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A positive, can-do attitude with a proven ability to inspire, motivate, and lead teams and to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with at least two public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience working in a hybrid multi-cloud environment.
- Experience with Model Risk Management and Responsible AI
- Experience with Generative AI and Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Experience working in the CPG industry.
The Senior Director of Machine Learning will be a crucial team member, driving the design and implementation of our data science projects and products. If you are a strategic thinker passionate about pushing boundaries and driving innovation, we would love to hear from you.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.