The Director of Data Science & Analysis will lead collaborative efforts with the Portfolio Strategy & Human Insights (PSHI) team to develop solutions and processes that leverage data in innovative ways, employing exploratory and confirmatory analytics as well as AI. This role will liaise closely with the global shared platform services team and will be pivotal in instigating organizational transformation by blending business insight with expertise in data and analytics. You will serve as a unifying force, overseeing the entire analytics process for our PSHI teams. This role will be pivotal in pinpointing opportunities for value creation by transforming data into actionable insights.
In this role, you will also work closely with data engineers and other data scientists to shape the target state data vision and roadmap for the Portfolio Strategy & Human Insights (PSHI) team.
This role is central to fostering an analytical mindset and will hold responsibility for the evolution and enhancement of analytical methodologies, emphasizing the innovation of new and the refinement of existing algorithms. The ideal candidate will possess substantial, hands-on experience in data querying, analytical programming, statistical programming, and visualization. They should excel in transforming raw data into insightful visual representations and have a profound understanding of and practical experience in various analytical and statistical approaches. The candidate should be adept at both innovating new methodologies and optimizing existing ones, ensuring the delivery of actionable, data-driven insights. Demonstrated ability to leverage learnings from deep analytics to business marketing applications is also required.
- Provide leadership for all data science initiatives within the Portfolio Strategy & Insights team – working closely with shared services (platform services) and external partners.
- Develop and implement advanced statistical models and machine learning algorithms to analyze consumer and shopper behavior, identify consumer segments, and predict future consumer trends.
- Guide the team in analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting complex data sets to provide actionable insights into our consumer and shoppers.
- Lead some of the key projects for the North America Operating Unit (NAOU) marketing team, working closely with external partners. (Project examples – marketing mix model, modeling customer loyalty data for understanding trends, growth pathways for brands leveraging multiple databases, etc.)
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, techniques, and methods within the field of Data Science.
- Help build data science capabilities within NAOU PSHI and Marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred (e.g. Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Economics)
- 10+ years of work experience in a data-centric business environment – understanding of marketing, consumer, CPG will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity and understanding of market research/survey and qualitative data sets is a plus.
- Extensive hands-on experience in building scalable models in R, Python etc. and experience with cloud services like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform and leveraging them for deploying models and handling data.
- Expertise or demonstrable knowledge in Statistics / Machine Learning / Data Science Familiarity with big data technologies and frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, and experience with processing large and diverse datasets.
- Hands-on experience in deploying scalable models in production environments, integrating them with other business systems to maximize their utility.
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with large sets of data to address identified and sometimes undiscovered business needs. Demonstrated ability to use software to manipulate data, prototype new tools, and extract actionable insights from that data.
- Capable of presenting outcomes of analytic solutions in a format easily understood by a non-technical audience.
Data Analytics; Influencing; Cross-Functional Teamwork; Data Science; Storytelling; Machine Learning Algorithms; Analytical Thinking; Data Driven; Market Research Consultancy
Our Purpose and Growth Culture
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.