Senior Data Scientist Product AnalyticsFull time
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
About the Data/ML Platform & Analytics Team:
We are rapidly growing organization comprised of Data Science, Data Engineering, and DevOps teams looking for technical leads that want an opportunity to move fast and help develop data platforms and analytics that will enable broader engineering teams to create better products for our patients. Our mandate is to promote significant change that will improve the productivity of our engineering teams in analyzing and understanding our products. We have the potential to overlap with many teams and as such emphasize tearing down organizational silos and a strong culture of collaboration. Nothing is taboo. If you see a high-leverage solution to a long-standing problem, tear it all down and build the right solution provided you have the will and a good plan to execute!
About the role:
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will collaborate with diverse cross-functional business partners to uncover new opportunities, design, execute, and analyze experiments, and deliver solutions that have a significant business impact and implications for our users. You will help drive Product Analytics through effective application of data transformation, testing, analytics, causal inference, experimentation, and machine learning. This is a high-impact role in which you will have a direct influence on how product decisions are made.
- Work closely with core engineering teams to consistently evolve data sources, testing, and documentation based on growing business and engineering needs
- Proactively perform data exploration, statistical analysis, causal inference, experimentation, and/or apply machine learning techniques to discover future opportunities
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards and data products to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Be a leader in the data space and present your research and insights to all levels of the company
Skills, Characteristics, and Technology:
- Quantitative background (Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, and/or Engineering), or Minimum 5+ years relevant experience with large scale data
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience curating, transforming, documenting, and testing complex and messy data sources for broader use
- Broad statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in experimentation or other product analytics settings
- Product knowledge and intuition – ideally serving technical audiences such as engineers.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts to broad audiences
- Effectively participate in the team’s planning, code reviews, KPI reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvement in these areas.
- Experience creating compelling and approachable data visualizations
- Experience in developing and deploying end-to-end data projects
- Experience with robotics or mechanical reasoning about physical/mechatronic devices
- Familiarity with software engineering best practice and working with APIs
- Experience building/mentoring a team of Data Scientists
- Experience with any of the following: Snowflake, Data Build Tool (DBT), Apache Airflow, Tableau, Plotly Dash or similar, Kubeflow, Spark, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Superset
- Experience in building causal inference or statistical modeling solutions
- Experience creating data products and dashboards
- Experience with CI/CD for DataOps and Deployments
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $163,600 - $235,400 Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,100 - $200,100 Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.