Senior Data ScientistFull time
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead highly complex data science and analytics projects in support of process improvement, defect reduction, and predictive analytics for manufacturing and business applications.
- Demonstrated project management skills, serving as project lead guiding less experienced team members in multiple facets of project execution.
- Independently develop data science models or algorithms using disciplined software development processes, making recommendations for developing new code or re-using existing code, implementing version control and maintaining documentation of created applications.
- Work directly with customers and business partners to develop requirements, and provide technical solutions through an analysis of manufacturing/business needs and pain points.
- Define and implement ingestion, data preparation, curation, and governance of large, multi-faceted data sets supporting analytics models and workflows.
- Proactively assess current capabilities to identify areas for improvement ¿ proposing solutions that align with core strategy and operation.
- Guide and produce information products, supporting visualization and data accessibility in a customer centric manner.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding technical advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow times, and enhance operational surety.
- Develop guidelines and standards for analytics and machine learning models, their deployment, and associated processes.
- Provides technical guidance or business process expertise, technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to ‘stop’ work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS in engineering from ABET accredited institution or Master’s degree in data science or related field, or two years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in data science or related technical activities.
- Expert using scripting and querying languages, such as Python, R, R Markdown, SQL, and others
- Demonstrated experience in serving as a technical lead of moderately complex projects.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, proficient with computer software applications, and the ability to produce and consume written documentation.
- Ability to understand a broad array of technical and business issues, prioritize work, and analyze issues to develop innovative and effective solutions.
- Demonstrated initiative staying current on industry practice outside of study and training.
- Effectively lead team interaction, including meetings and collaboration, to resolve issues.
- Ability to develop and communicate technical vision for projects and initiatives that can be understood by customers and management.
- Proven mentoring ability to drive results and technical growth in peers.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) for interacting with customers and peers.
- Demonstrated application of statistics, statistical modeling, and statistical process control.
- User experience mindset, including the production of visualizations and infographics to distill complex information.
- Experience producing analytics data visualizations, preferably using Tableau, Microstrategy, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning, neural networks, deep learning.