Improve business and family comfort, protection and productivity
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
This individual will contribute their expertise in data science to a multi-functional team implementing Smart Factory initiatives at the Kansas City National Security Campus. The primary focus on this role will be generating, validating, and deploying predictive models for manufacturing processes.
- Interface with internal personnel and vendors to achieve Smart Factory objectives
- Assist in the development of web applications to assist manufacturing operations
- Mentor team members and provide guidance on data science
- Stay current with relevant emerging technology and trends
Basic Qualification Needed to be Qualified for the Role:
- BS in engineering from accredited institution or master’s degree in data science or related field, or two years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Two or more years of relevant experience in data science or related technical activities
- Demonstrated analytical skills, proficient with computer software applications, and the ability to produce and consume written documentation
- US citizenship to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance
Additional qualifications that the ideal candidate would possess:
- Candidates with additional years of experience will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to model complex processes using statistic modeling and optimization algorithms
- Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, Dataiku, etc.
- Expert using various programming, scripting, and querying languages such as Java, Python, .NET, SQL
- User experience mindset, including creation of visualizations to distill information
- Demonstrated ability to understand a broad array of technical and business issues, prioritize work, and analyze issues to develop effective solutions