Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Senior Data Scientist? At HCA, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Data Scientist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to providing our patients and care providers with the highest quality of healthcare services. The Sr Data Scientist is a critical role in helping us achieve this goal by developing and implementing a broad range of data science solutions to improve patient outcomes.
This is a data science practitioner role with a solid academic, data science, and engineering background a strong background in forecasting, optimization, and AI/ML technologies. He/she will maintain a balance between building principled, mathematically rigorous solutions, and launching them through agile product development.
What you will do in this role:
- Model Development: Research, design, develop and implement advanced models using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques, as well as optimization algorithms; to predict, classify, and automate data science solutions for a variety of use cases in the healthcare domain.
- Data Analysis: Analyze large and complex datasets to extract meaningful insights and patterns to drive transformational change.
- Model Optimization: Continuously refine and optimize data science models to enhance their performance, taking into consideration changing business conditions and data sources.
- Feature Engineering: Identify and engineer relevant features to improve the accuracy and robustness of models.
- Data Visualization: Create data visualizations and dashboards to communicate data science model results to non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and business analysts, to understand business needs and provide data-driven solutions.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and organized documentation of data science models, methodologies, and processes.
- Model Deployment: Work on deploying data science models into production systems and monitor their performance.
- Research and Innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in data science to introduce innovative approaches to the team.
What qualifications you will need:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors – Required:
- 4+ years of experience in data science or technology field (data, cloud, app development, AI/ML, forecasting, optimization)
- 2+ years of experience in big data, machine learning, or data science teams
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Python and machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Experience with advanced statistical modeling and machine learning techniques, such as regression analysis, decision trees, deep learning, and reinforcement learning.
- Proficiency with full-stack data science and engineering – ability to develop and implement end to end data science products utilizing data analysis, data science, and ML engineering best practices and principles.
- Proficiency with big data technologies and cloud platforms (e.g., GCP, AWS, or Azure).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented approach to data analysis.
- Ability to tell a story using data and insights that drives action and change.
- Passion for healthcare and a desire to make a positive impact on patient outcomes.
- Intellectual curiosity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors – Preferred:
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
- Prior experience in healthcare is a plus
- Experience in computer vision, natural language processing, large language models
Outcomes – Required:
Data science models end to end, to support intelligent operations and care personalization
- This job may require up to 25% travel
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.