Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Data Science Director opening with Parallon today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Parallon, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Data Science Director for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Director, Data Science is responsible for the development, delivery and support of data science initiatives associated with Parallon service lines and other units engaged with the Parallon Operations Support & Analytics team. This role will work cross-functionally with Service Line and Executive Leadership to understand the needs and vision, and lead a program intended to leverage data science and other machine learning techniques to advance our analytics capabilities.
What you will do in this role:
- Own/champion the data science program framework, best practices, governance model and standards
- Drive and deliver on data science and other machine learning initiatives as prioritized by business needs and company strategy
- Own/champion the process surrounding the intake, evaluation, work and disposition of use cases presented
- Provide thought leadership on ways to further the organization’s analytics and machine learning capabilities
- Lead best practices in analytical insights and data presentation irrespective of tool and technologies
- Minimize use of overtime, temp labor and other premium labor through management practices.
- Support the data science program by providing a mechanism to report on ROI
- Support education and development initiatives around building adequate knowledge and resources to maintain the data science program over time
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, etc.). Equivalent work experience may substitute certain education requirements if individual has served as a data science leader in a previous role.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in related area with two of these years being in a role focused on leveraging data science and machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of one or several programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience with mathematical and statistical concepts: ratios, standard deviation, regression, clustering and feature importance
- Experience with one or more machine learning and NLP frameworks (PyTorch, Tensor Flow Spark, NLTK, CNTK) a plus
- Experience within healthcare provider finance operations, operational consolidation and shared services a plus.
- Proficiency using SQL, DAX or Microsoft’s Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate) a plus.
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Ethical CompaniesÂ® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.