About this role:
The person is expected to manage, mentor, and help develop junior data science staffs. Gartner is a people business. Fueled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage - we are a team of thinkers, doers and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, driven, disciplined and humble. The Client Experience Digital Platform is the go-to place for all clients to interact with Gartner to get value. Our clients are IT and business leaders around the world. They expect to get help from Gartner on their most critical priorities. The Digital Platform is embedded in their workflows to help them on every step of their journey. Our mission is to deliver tremendous client value by building scalable, intelligent digital products and solutions. We are constantly looking for product management, UX and data science leaders to help us accelerate innovation to disrupt the marketplace and disrupt ourselves.
What you will do:
- The AI/ML leader responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Applying Natural Language Processing and predictive modeling to understand client interests.
- Build recommendation systems to suggest relevant event sessions to event attendees.
- Building user matching models to pair attendees with similar interests.
- Optimizing sales territories for conference attendee and exhibitor salespeople.
- Leverage internal and external data to understand client’s company level priorities, competitive landscape and deliver targeted support.
- Stay on top of fast-moving AI/ML models and technologies. Understand and follow disruptive data science solutions.
- Use a combination and quantitative (science) and qualitative (art) methodologies to prioritize ideas.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to launch MVPs and iterate quickly.
- Independently plan and drive data science projects that deliver clear business value.
What you will need:
- 6+ years hands-on experience building predictive models, recommendation systems, or other machine learning/artificial intelligence applications to drive business impact.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in a quantitative field (math, computer science, engineering, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies.
- Strong communication skills in technical and business domains.
- Working experience in some of the following data science areas: Machine Learning and Predictive modelling, Text mining and Natural Language Processing, Recommendation systems, Data analytics with multi-dimensional data, generative models
- Strong working knowledge of Lean product principles, software development lifecycle, and machine learning life cycle
- Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies.
- Ability to implement latest ML research to improve our current algorithms.
- Experience and proficiency with Python, machine learning tools (e.g., scikit-learn, spacy, nltk), deep learning (e.g., pytorch, tensorflow), statistical packages (e.g., Scipy), SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, graph database), distributed machine learning (spark), Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS or Azure ML
- Ability to work collaboratively across product, data science and technical stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring data scientists on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside comfort zone.
- Bias for action and client outcome oriented
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work cultures.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .