Senior Data ScientistFull time
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG) seeks a Senior Data Scientist .
Develops and implements highly-performant models using a variety of tools. Build relationships with the business line to access and interpret data sources, and identify process improvement opportunities. Applies quantitative techniques, including exploratory data analysis, regression analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning, feature engineering, statistical sampling, and data visualization, to convert business issues into machine learning analytic problems and create solutions. Documents and communicates analytic insights for both technical and non- technical audiences, often within an Agile framework. Designs prototypes and performs ad hoc analysis for new analytical outputs like graphs and model scores. Prepares model documentation and responds to effective challenges from model validation, internal audit, and regulatory reviews. Oversees the tracking and execution of all external and internal validation findings related to vendor and internally developed models. Supports ad-hoc requests from the line of business by understanding, communicating, and managing model risks.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or related quantitative field and one (1) year of experience in the position offered or closely related position.
- Full term of experience must include: Utilizing relational database and statistical analysis programming languages and software, including SQL and Python, to extract high-volume and complex data to perform related analyses;
- Developing predictive models by implementing advanced data analysis and research techniques, including data quality checks, remedy techniques, statistical analysis, and inferences, data exploration analysis, data imputation, time series analysis, regression analysis, classification analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning techniques, formulating assumptions, and distilling business problems into analytical problems;
- Utilizing mathematical principles behind statistical methods to evaluate and interpret the results of predictive models reasonably;
- Utilizing advanced statistical programming using tools in Python to create complex reports and graphs to illustrate analysis;
- Conducting optimization tests, including feature selections, cross-validation, threshold selection, and hyperparameters tuning, using Python and data science tools;
- Leveraging big data and machine learning algorithms like ensemble trees and regression techniques to build models and measure model outcomes using key machine learning metrics, including AUC, average precision, precision and recall;
- Writing, maintaining, and improving production code for models and automation;
- Utilizing Python IDE and code version control tools like Github.
May telecommute from any U.S. location.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.