Lead Data ScientistFull time
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The AI Services team is looking for a Data Scientist who is passionate about data analysis, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. The person in this role will be joining a team of leading-edge data scientists who are not just building models but are working to solve foundational business problems for the Company. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with Big data sources and able to implement and validate predictive models to provide insights and solutions for different business problems. The person in this role will be responsible for data interpretation and presentation to aid business partners in making informed data-driven decisions to improve business outcomes. The right candidate is able to collaborate with other data scientists and various internal business partners to help solve business problems using advanced ML/AI. The person in this role must be organized and follow best practices in coding and documentation.
- Lead, design, develop and deliver innovative ML/AI solutions for various data science projects.
- Be responsible for documenting and articulating various data science projects across the organization following our engagement model, the Cross-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM).
- Gain a clear understanding of business operations and data needed to solve problem statements for specific projects.
- Pull and prepare data, train and test models, and be responsible for overall execution on projects using Mastercard operational and transaction data to glean insights for our partners.
- Present your approach to the solution and model output to various business partners.
- Maintain a curent knowledge of advanced ML/AI tools and techniqes.
- Work with different partner teams and be an integral part of model deployment.
- Need to build and maintain strong relationships with internal Mastercard partners.
- Masters or PhD in a highly quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related fields).
- Experience leading large data science projects, with a passion for solving business challenges through data science.
- Experience leading other data scientists from a technical perspective
- Demonstrated research ability a plus
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis in both batch and streaming settings.
- Proficiency in Python/R, Hadoop, Spark, MySQL with documentation for reproducibility.
- Experience in anomaly detection, supervised/unsupervised learning, time-series data, and natural language processing. Experience in entity resolution a plus
- Hands-on experience with ML tools such as Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, NLTK, Gensim, BERT, NetworkX, etc.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Very detail-oriented with an ability to think creatively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently but with a collaborative nature.
- Proficient with data visualization and translating complex problems into actionable insight
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.