We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) team is responsible for innovation, development and management of our world class products and services to address evolving risk and security needs and lead multi-product commercialization initiatives for all Mastercard’s global customers. As part of this organization, the Cyber Threat Intelligence team is responsible for developing and managing cybersecurity related product and services which Mastercard offers customers across all related stakeholders including, consumers, issuers, acquirers, processors, and merchants. The cybersecurity industry is a quickly expanding market, growing in response to diverse and costly global cyber threats targeting all business sectors. Cybersecurity is often inaccessible and cost prohibitive to many businesses and organizations. They struggle to understand the impact of the threats and how they apply. Our objective in C&I is to provide accessible and affordable cybersecurity solutions to our customers.
What we are looking for:
Mastercard is looking to create a more proactive approach to increase the cybersecurity of our customers. To that end we are seeking a motivated individual who is interested in becoming part of something new.
- Are you a bit of a crusader?
- Do you want to make a difference to the wider eco-system and help alleviate the impact that cyber breaches have on society?
- Are you able to work dynamically on multiple projects at one time?
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with global & regional teams to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and data visualization capabilities on large volumes of data to support analytics and reporting needs across products, markets, and services.
- Obtain data from multiple sources, collate, analyze, and triangulate information to develop reliable fact bases. Effectively use tools to manipulate large-scale databases, synthesizing data insights.
- Execute cross-functional projects using advanced modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Provide 1st level insights/conclusions/assessments and present findings via Tableau/PowerBI dashboards, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, technology, sales, marketing and product teams.
All About You
- Strong attention to detail and quality and excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to identify and understand data patterns and anomalies
- Experience in data management, data mining, data analytics, data reporting, data product development and quantitative analysis
- Experienced working with large data sets. You understand the benefits of batch processing and parallelization and know how to design a pipeline to scale out machine learning workflows. You have experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark.
- Capable of writing complex SQL queries to process data. Proficient with manipulating and analyzing data to gain meaningful insights using tools such as Pandas for Python.
- Experience on Platforms: Cloudera Hadoop, Big data technology stack, SQL Server, Microsoft BI Stack
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau
- A capable coder, able to write well-abstracted, production-quality code in Python (preferred), R
- Experience working with internal stakeholders from other business units/markets and navigating the organization to find internal resources and tools
- Prior experience working with payment card data (Authorization, Clearing, Debit, Fraud)
Candidates without experience in a professional setting will not be considered for this role
Education and Additional Competencies
- Bachelor’s in a Data or Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Recognized Data Science related certifications a plus
- Excellent quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills
- Self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency
- Able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
New York City, New York: $134,000 - $208,000 USD