Junior Data ScientistFull time
Are you excited about analytics and passionate about problem solving? Then come join our Data Science team at PepsiCo Foods Canada! We are focused on accelerating consumer demand, strengthening customer partnership, and driving end to end productivity through data science and advanced analytics. We work with Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, Supply Chain and IT resources to unlock opportunities. Being embedded in the business and linked to the top strategic priorities allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused products in an agile responsive manner.
Help us solve new and exciting business problems with data analysis, advanced analytics, and a love of problem solving. Success in this role will require exceptional data analysis skills, an analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, and strong appreciation for delivering business results. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are always centered on the consumer, developing exciting brand campaigns and continuously driving product innovations. We strive to use our global scale for good and to create our products in a way that benefits our consumers, suppliers, communities, and planet – part of our mission is to Create more Smiles with Every Sip and Every Bite.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Check out PepsiCo’s video Your Talent Our Stage: https://tinyurl.com/YourTalentOurStage
What you’ll be working on:
- Translate Business needs into technical requirements
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and technical teams to deliver a variety of projects
- Deliver advanced analytics and data science projects from end-to-end
- Effectively communicating insights to project stakeholders
- Complete proof of concepts
- Support the adoption of solutions into the business process
- Identify best practices in the advanced analytics space by tracking technology and industry trends
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree in Data/Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, an engineering discipline, or equivalent
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, machine learning and/or deep learning modeling
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools like R or Python
- Comprehensive knowledge of Databases and strong SQL programming skills
- Proficiency in data engineering and data blending
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI or Matplot
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into non-technical terms
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Methodology is an asset
- Experience using Hadoop/Hive, Teradata is an asset
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world