We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
As a Data Science Intern, you will play a critical role in executing the global ecommerce growth agenda. You will be tasked with identifying, designing, and implementing data science/machine learning solutions to business problems. You will collaborate with the larger data science and analytics teams to create a robust, shared codebase; on which PepsiCo will build automated eCommerce systems. You will work with internal business stakeholders and strategic partners to identify opportunities for collaborative development and foster a data-driven culture between relevant teams.
What you can expect:
- Participation in high-visibility Data Science projects in collaboration with a data science/analytics team with a large impact on a global organization
- Projects range from geo-temporal analysis, conditional forecasting, unsupervised opportunity analysis, and reinforcement learning optimization systems
- Specific tasks assigned will be collaborative, and will depend on a combination of business need, team prioritization, and the intern’s personal interest/expertise.
- Opportunities to propose new/incremental tasks to suit business use case
- Quick release cycle and managing the technical aspect of multiple projects simultaneously as they develop
- Meet with non-data science business stakeholders to set expectations and design products based on business needs
Roles available in the following locations:
New York, New York
What we’re looking for:
- Work with the larger data science team to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights
- Write clean, organized machine learning code using standard software engineering methodologies
- Provide critical thought leadership to enhance organizational capabilities by utilizing big and small data; work with DSA team members to identify and execute on opportunities for enhancement
- To drive the interests of the business while still maintaining highest levels of rigor and compliance
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree completed within one (1) year of internship completion
- Development experience in Python, Java, C or equivalent programming language
- Experience and or familiarity NumPy, Pandas, Pytorch, PostgresSQL, MSSQL, MySQL
- Experience using Tensorflow to design custom deep learning systems
- Expert in mathematical models underlying data science methods, understanding the trade-offs between different solutions
- Experience in designing systems to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
- The expected compensation hourly pay ranges for hires into our 2024 campus intern openings is $20.50 - $39.60/hour.
- Role, degree discipline, degree level, and location are part of the process when determining actual starting salary for positions
- Hourly pay for our campus hires is pre-determined and non-negotiable
- We love to convert our interns to full time opportunities! Our full time positions have a comprehensive benefits package that include:
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement. In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan