HR Decision ScientistFull time
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Are you curious, creative, and love data? Do you love to learn new things and collaborate with colleagues to solve hard and interesting problems? Imagine yourself as a HR Decision Scientist in Studios Workforce Insights where your natural curiosity for discovering analytical insights and trends will help ensure we are making data-driven decisions within Human Resources (HR) and across The Walt Disney Studios. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through statistical modeling, forecasting and employee research. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through advanced analysis, data visualization, and compelling storytelling.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What’s possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from analysis to actionable insights to provide decision support for workforce related issues.
- Proactively identify analytical opportunities to answer business questions and drive action through clear actionable insights and storytelling
- Create accurate, sustainable statistical algorithms and machine learning processes that support HR business processes, tools, or products
- Conduct in-depth analysis to identify drivers of employee behaviors, forecast aggregated employee movements and actions, forecast and analyze cost of labor, programs, and return on investments
- Build and work with large and complex data sets and measures to be used in analyses that drive business decisions
- Consult within clients and a team of analyst, translating business objectives and analytical needs into repeatable analytical solutions
What We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrated proficiency with database/statistical languages such as Python, and SQL analytics or software such as Dataiku
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods, forecasting, and model building (e.g. Cluster Analysis, PCA, Regression, Decision Trees/Random Forests, Structural Equation Modeling)
- Proven experience working in survey data (Item analysis, Scale Reliability, Key Drivers) but an appetite to combine with other data to take those analyses/insights to the next level (e.g. creating personas)
- Experience with financial analysis including Return on Investment, Return on Expectations, Break-even Analysis, Program Evaluation, and forecasting of labor spend
- Exceptional storytelling / presentation-building skills, including the ability to translate complex statistical concepts into simple and actionable insights
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Analytics / Business Analytics or a related field
How You Can Stand Out:
- Experience with leading and developing others
- Experience with HR / employee data (Workday), visualization tools, such as Tableau and/or Cognos, or large database environments (e.g. Snowflake, RedShift)
- Advanced degree (Master’s or above) in Organizational Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Analytics / Business Analytics, or a related field
The hiring range for this position in California is $112,012.00 to $150,260.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.#
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.