Data Scientist, Franchises teamFull time
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square for Franchises team is focused on building an integrated franchise management solution that combines payment processing, centralized sales reporting, and multi-location management catered for franchise sellers. As we embark on this exciting journey to empower franchise sellers with cutting-edge tools, we are seeking a talented and visionary Data Scientist to join our team. As the pioneer Data Scientist for Square for Franchise, you will play a pivotal role in laying the groundwork for data-driven decision-making and shaping the future of our product by leveraging data insights to find product-market-fit, optimize performance, and drive growth. You will partner with product, engineering, marketing and other cross-functional stakeholders to help lead the effort to define metrics to track progress against organizational goals, develop solutions to personalize product experiences, and provide insights and drive strategic decisions with data.
- Partner directly with the Square for Franchises product team to build a robust data foundation, identify opportunities for using data to drive business outcomes and guide product development decisions
- Apply a diverse set of tactics such as statistics, quantitative reasoning, and machine learning to research and produce insights
- Coordinate and solve complex projects that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of product domains, analytics, and data science
- Communicate analysis and decisions to high-level partners and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- Continuously improve data quality and accessibility, and work with data engineering teams to optimize data pipelines and storage
- Develop resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be leveraged where it is most impactful
- 5+ years of analytics and data science experience or equivalent
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and partnering with Product/Engineering/Marketing/Design on strategy and prioritization;
- Strong experience in data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning, with a focus on applying these skills to solve business problems.
- Familiarity with data engineering best practices
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (we use SQL, Looker, and Python)
Nice to have:
- M.S or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, or similar STEM field)
- Experience with 0 to 1 products is a huge plus
- Additional Information
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources