Data Scientist - ProductFull time
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for experienced data scientists to work with our core product teams, who will take ownership of the team’s data projects and serve as a strategic partner to Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and Marketing.
Teams we’re currently hiring for:
FigJam: this is Figma’s newest standalone product offering, and it’s one of the company priorities this year. FigJam is an online whiteboard for teams to ideate and brainstorm together. The ideal candidate for this team will have exceptional problem solving and storytelling ability, a strong sense of ownership, excellent stakeholder management, and a track record of using data to influence product teams and help them achieve their goals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leverage various data science methods such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and causal inference to understand user behavior and optimize the product experience
- Design and evaluate experiments to measure improvements to UI and algorithms
- Generate ideas to creatively leverage data for shaping future product roadmaps
- Drive democratization of data through creation of new datasets and tooling
- Design and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Fluency in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience in distributed data processing systems (Hive, Redshift, Presto, Snowflake, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge around statistical methods including A/B testing, causal inference, experimentation, cluster-randomized testing
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- A self-starting mindset along with strong communication and collaboration skills
Read more about our team:
- From experiment to launch
- By the numbers: one year of remote work
- Measuring the value of design systems
- Figma’s Series D: The Decade of Design
- Figma’s engineering values
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.