Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Data Science team at Figma partners directly with our product and engineering teams to uncover insights, influence decision making, and apply a data lens to business problems critical to Figma’s growth. Our work is diverse and evolving. As an intern on our team, you will have an opportunity to apply your skills on technical challenges that will have a real impact on our business and product. We seek data scientists with strong coding and statistics fundamentals and who are excellent communicators among technical and non-technical audiences.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing to turn business questions into data problems
- Evaluate experiments to measure the impact of product changes
- Define and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Build models to understand user behavior and predict growth
Some projects you could work on:
- Explore behavior patterns of potential new users and make recommendations on how to scale the growth and adoption of our core products through data-driven strategy
- Research and implement innovative solutions for Figma’s B2C monetization strategy by carrying out complex online experiments, utilizing causal inference techniques, and constructing new north-star metrics for the monetization team.
- Explore low-level product performance data, model and understand the causes of slow rendering or long load times, and help scale the results across our products and surfaces
- Ensure the successful launch of a new feature for Figma’s largest Enterprise customers by defining success and guardrail metrics, building a tracking plan and dashboard, and communicating results to cross-functional stakeholders and leadership.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A strong baseline in statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or other quantitative field
- Proficiency with basic SQL
- Experience with R, Python, or similar scripting language
- Firm knowledge around statistical methods and models
- Research experience in the natural sciences, social sciences, or behavioral sciences
- Experience working with creative tools
- A self-starting approach along with strong communication and collaboration skills
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- From experiment to launch
- By the numbers: one year of remote work
- Measuring the value of design systems
- Figma’s Series D: The Decade of Design
- Figma’s engineering values
Pay Transparency Disclosure
This internship role has the monthly stipend stated below. Figma also offers interns a housing stipend and travel reimbursement. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Internship (Monthly Stipend) $7,450—$7,450 USD We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.