At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Generative AI – Proactive, Predictive, Powerful!
Are you passionate about using data and technology to answer business and scientific questions? If so, bring YOUR skills and talents to Lilly where you’ll have the chance to create an impact on the lives of patients.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a GenAI Data Scientist, you will implement generative AI models, and identifying insights that can be used to drive business decisions. You will work closely with multi-functional teams to understand business problems, develop hypotheses, and test those hypotheses with data.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Develop and implement enterprise-level GenAI models and tools to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with customers to identify business problems and provide data-driven solutions.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to technical and non-technical customers.
- Conduct research to identify emerging trends and technologies in Gen AI and other areas of data science.
- Run and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy.
What You Should Bring:
- Experience working with cloud based platforms (example: AWS, Azure or related)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in handling various data formats and sources
- Prior statistical modeling experience
- Demonstrable experience with deep learning algorithms and neural networks
- Experience with data engineering and data pipeline development
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Your Basic Qualifications:
- Master’s in computer science, information science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related field with the following:
- 2+ years of experience post education in a NLP/GenAI role
- Experience with machine learning and GenAI algorithms such as large language models
- Prior experience working with Python or other programming languages OR
- PhD in computer science, information science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related field
- Position located in Indianapolis, Indiana working in a hybrid model. Remote work within the US may be considered.
- Up to 10% travel may be required depending on project
Lilly IT builds and maintains capabilities using cutting edge technologies like most prominent tech companies. What differentiates Lilly IT is that we redefine what’s possible through tech to advance our purpose – creating medicines that make life better for people around the world, like data driven drug discovery and connected clinical trials. We hire the best technology professionals from a variety of backgrounds, so they can bring an assortment of knowledge, skills, and diverse thinking to deliver innovative solutions in every area of our business.
The Advanced Analytics and Data Sciences (AADS) team brings the power of data and advanced analytic capabilities such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and predictive analytics to identify and solve high-value business questions. This team is leading the next generation data environment to manage data as a strategic asset across the entire company, providing unprecedented insights and solutions to enable significant value transformation across the biopharma value chain.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.