Data ScientistFull time
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
The Advisor - HCP Data Science is responsible for technical contributions and consulting in the fields of data science, statistics, and AI/ML for LillyUSA healthcare provider (HCP) sales and marketing.
The Data Scientist will be part of a growing and dynamic team of analytics professionals whose main goal is to help our business partners achieve their goals through data analytics enablement. The position will leverage their deep understanding of data science, statistics, and AI/ML to develop innovative analytics solutions driving business impact across LillyUSA. The position will be responsible for partnering and collaborating across a wide group of cross functional partners. This analytics professional will be responsible for ensuring business decisions are backed by data driven insights and recommendations from analytics.
The position will report to the Sr. Director - Business Insights & Analytics (BI&A) HCP Data Science.
- Be a thought leader in data science and AI/ML with the objective of driving KPIs for the business.
- Build out modeling ecosystem to answer a variety of sales and marketing questions, such as marketing mix, attribution, channel and spend optimization, and prescriptive analytics.
- Effectively answer data science questions, build model pipelines, and integrate results into business outcomes.
- Collaborate with business partners and other data scientists to expand the use of analytics within the marketing domain.
- Work with Data and ML Engineers to scale current pipelines and increase automation of AI/ML deliverables.
- Stay current with latest data science, statistics, and AI/ML methodologies for use in sales and marketing analytics.
- Align advanced AI/ML techniques with stakeholder objectives and goals.
- Work with a global group of data scientists and engineers.
- PhD in Statistics, Computational Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent quant degree, or Masters with 3+ years of hands-on analytics experience.
- Ability to work across teams and build Team Lilly culture.
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with business acumen, and an ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to use statistics and machine learning techniques to solve real-world business problems.
- Proficiency with relevant programming languages (R and/or Python).
- Experience with healthcare data is a plus.
- High level of motivation and a strong desire to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Demonstrated ability to translate and communicate advanced analytics concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
Note: Roles are posted at the lowest level of a band, however, employees should search across all levels of the band to identify all opportunities.
Note: When applying internally for a position your current supervisor receives notification that you have applied to the position. We encourage employees to discuss the opportunity with their supervisor prior to applying.
Note: Employees hired on banded positions (ex: P1-P3, R1-R2, B1-B3, etc.) transfer at their current level, despite the level indicated on the job posting. For example, if a P2 candidate is selected for a P1-P3 banded position, the candidate will remain a P2 in the new role.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.