Data Scientist - Internal AuditFull time
£56,100 up to £78,100* per annum. This isn’t an ordinary job. This an extraordinary experience.
Lidl GB’s award-winning Internal Audit Department has an exciting opportunity for a proactive, confident and self-motivated Data Scientist that would take pride in supporting the Internal Auditors with detailed data analysis to identify risks and to add value to the business.
The Data Scientist will also have responsibilities in addressing confidential ad-hoc analytics requests which come from the Internal Audit Leadership Team. The ability to ‘think outside the box’ and apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal process, procedures and policies is crucial to that role. This is an ideal role for a positive and enthusiastic team player who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and strives in achieving perfection.
We have moved to a hybrid working model with a recommended 2 days in the office per week for appropriate Head Office and Regional roles, empowering our teams to choose how and where they work best. We feel it is important that, where possible, we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible and trust our teams to determine the right environments that work most effectively for them.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete an Online Assessment developed by members of the Lidl Analytics Community. The assessment is compromised of three key knowledge tests which are focused around Statistics, Machine Learning and Python. If everything goes well, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to discuss your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview.
Please note as per Lidl internal structures the job title for this role is a Senior Consultant
What you’ll do
- In your role as a Data Scientist, you’ll carry out data analysis based on our internal Lidl systems and create dashboards and overviews.
- Work with Analytics and Internal Audit colleagues to provide support in audit engagements in deriving and solving analytical questions either through deep-dive analysis or the development of analytical solutions. The goal is to analyse business processes through data and create new insights.
- Use modern data science techniques for the optimisation of business processes using predictive and prescriptive methods.
- Own your own data science projects end-to-end: defining requirements, conducting experiments, demonstrating value and supporting implementation/adoption.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues.
- Take responsibility for achieving high technical standards so that your solutions are appropriate, comprehensible, well-structured and reproducible.
- Share your knowledge and enthusiasm for data science with colleagues; help them to be more data-savvy.
- Keep up to date with the latest analytics and data science trends and identify opportunities to enhance our methods or tools.
- Participate in the global analytics community and the exchange of methods and solutions.
What you’ll need
- Degree in data science, operational research, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or a similar subject.
- Strong experience of applying data science to real-world problems.
- Strong knowledge of data wrangling and manipulation; a sceptical and quality-oriented approach.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimisation, and data mining methods, especially in Python.
- Strong ability to understand complex problems and scenarios, and to analyse them in detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results.
- Ability to present complex issues in a user-friendly and simple manner.
- Trustworthy with the ability to keep information confidential.
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re proud to offer a competitive salary from £56,100 up to £78,100* (depending on experience) with 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
*includes 10% non-contractual London Weighting allowance