Inside the Role
Daimler Trucks Remarketing (DTR) is responsible for driving new truck sales by supporting our customers vehicle lifecycle management, while also maintaining DTNA’s market leading resale value for our products. The Data Scientist is responsible for developing and delivering comprehensive used truck market intelligence by mining various data sources to provide management with key insights to steer the business performance. This role provides analytical support across all functions within DTR by developing KPI/performance reporting and participating in initiatives to streamline manual processes through the introduction of analytics. The successful candidate demonstrates a strong analytical skillset, a history of providing customer-centric solutions, a continuous improvement mindset, a skill of collaborating cross-functionally, a curiosity to tackle difficult problems.
We Take Care of Our Team
Position offers a starting salary range of $98,500.00 - $126,000.00 USD
Pay offered dependent on knowledge, skills, and experience
Benefits include annual bonus program; 401k company contribution with company match up to 6% as well as non-elective company contribution of 3 - 7% depending on age; starting at 4 weeks paid vacation; 13+ calendar holidays; 8 weeks paid parental leave; employee assistance program; comprehensive healthcare plans and wellness programs; onsite fitness (at some locations); tuition assistance and volunteer paid time off; short-term and long-term disability plans.
What You Drive at DTNA:
- Employ data science methods to support the business management with analysis and steering.
- Undertake cleansing, profiling, validation, and aggregation of structured and unstructured data.
- Management of business workflows, existing or newly developed.
- Use data visualizations to help demo and explain insights to key stakeholders and management.
- Effectively communicate complex ideas and results to both technical and business audiences.
- Keep current on latest data science technologies and share across the global Daimler organization.
Knowledge You Should Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on one or more of the following areas – Data Science, AI, Mathematics; Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer/Information Science.
- Strong background in data science, AI, machine learning, NPL, data analytics & reporting, data visualization, data preparation and data warehouse.
- Strong ability to query various databases and perform statistical data analysis.
- Knowledge and expertise in latest big data technologies.
- Expertise in multiple analytics, statistical software packages and libraries including Python, R, Vertica, Hadoop, Tableau, SAS, SQL, MS Azure cloud platform and Databricks.
Exceptional Candidates Might Have:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of group leader, project lead, or mentoring experience.
- Orientation for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal, and presentation development.
- Experienced in automotive and manufacturing industry is preferred.
This position is not eligible for relocation support
Where We Work
This position is open to applicants who can work in (or relocate to) the following location(s)-
Fort Mill, SC US
How We Collaborate
To continue building a great place to work for all, we are committed to a culture that creates flexibility and encourages a supportive working environment that achieves the needs of our business and employees.
At Daimler Truck North America, we recognize our world is changing faster than ever before. By listening to the needs of today, we’re building to solve with cutting-edge solutions in sustainability and future driving technology across electric, hydrogen and autonomous. These solutions, backed by years of innovative success and achievement, continue DTNA’s legacy as the undisputed industry leader. Our evolving brand portfolio is second to none, including Freightliner Trucks, Western Star, Demand Detroit, Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner Custom Chassis, and Financial Services. Together, we work as one team towards our envisioned future – building a cleaner, safer and more efficient tomorrow for all.
That is what we are working toward - for all who keep the world moving.
- This position is not open for Visa sponsorship or to existing Visa holders
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the country the position is located in at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Final candidate may be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen
- Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions
Daimler Truck North America is committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, or veteran status.