Data Scientist - Human ResourcesFull time
Inside the Role
Are you Inspired to lead the transportation revolution? If yes, then you may be a great fit for our Daimler Truck Trainee Programs – Leadership Talent track in Total Rewards, Payroll, and HR Technology
By joining our Leadership Talent track (LT) as a Data Scientist, you will grow your leadership skills during an 18 month program that includes working on multiple high-impact projects. The program will include temporary relocation to multiple locations – including at least one international rotation. You will grow a global network of colleagues, including exposure to senior executives who will mentor and support you along the way. Throughout, you will receive specialized training and development to accelerate your career with us. At the conclusion of the program, you will be placed into a full-time position within your home department, undoubtedly with a significant global network and the skills to succeed within the organization.
Your program will begin with a 6 month project rotation in your home department.
DTNA’s Total Rewards, Payroll, and HR Technology department within the Our People Team supports an organization of over 27,000 employees across US, Canada and Mexico. Our team is pivotal in ensuring employee satisfaction, organizational efficiency while supporting data-driven decision-making. Committed to compliance and governance, we uphold labor laws and industry standards. Our department manages employee benefits, guarantees payroll accuracy, and maintains stringent data security and confidentiality. We foster continuous improvement, provide comprehensive employee support, and strategically collaborate to align our functions with organizational goals. Join us to be part of a dynamic team impacting both employee well-being and organizational success. This Data Scientist role specializing in HR Business Insights offers a unique opportunity to bridge the gap between HR strategy and data science solutions. Your ability to translate HR business needs into actionable technical requirements will be instrumental in driving HR operations, employee experiences, and organizational success. If you have a passion for connecting data science with business goals, we encourage you to apply and be a vital part of our dynamic HR team.
Are you IN?
We Take Care of Our Team
**Position offers a starting salary range of $82,000 - $104,00 USD ** Pay offered dependent on knowledge, skills, and experience
Benefits include annual bonus program; 401k company contribution with company match up to 6% as well as non-elective company contribution of 3 - 7% depending on age; starting at 4 weeks paid vacation; 13+ calendar holidays; 8 weeks paid parental leave; employee assistance program; comprehensive healthcare plans and wellness programs; onsite fitness (at some locations); tuition assistance and volunteer paid time off; short-term and long-term disability plans.
During your first 6 month project rotation, you will:
Translate Business Needs:
- Partner with HR leaders and stakeholders to understand their strategic objectives and operational challenges.
- Translate HR business needs into well-defined technical requirements and data science projects.
- Ensure alignment between HR goals and data-driven solutions.
Analyze and Interpret Data :
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect, clean, and preprocess HR data from various sources.
- Perform comprehensive data analysis to extract insights, identify trends, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Develop and communicate data visualizations to convey complex insights effectively.
- Prepare presentations for Senior Management to drive data driven decisions based on recommendations.
Create Custom Predictive Models:
- Create tailored predictive models to address HR challenges, including workforce planning, talent acquisition, and attrition risk.
- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to forecast HR metrics, offering strategic insights for talent management.
- Ensure the accuracy and robustness of predictive models through rigorous testing and validation.
- Document modeling methodologies, assumptions, and findings for transparency and future reference.
Enhance Employee Insights and Engagement:
- Analyze employee feedback, sentiment data, and engagement surveys to uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Develop sentiment analysis models to understand employee sentiment, facilitating targeted engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with HR in designing initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction and engagement.
Optimize HR Processes:
- Work closely with HR leaders to optimize workforce planning, headcount projections, and skills gap analysis.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of talent acquisition strategies and provide data-backed recommendations for refinement.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure HR effectiveness.
- Facilitate Data-driven Decision Making:
- Provide HR leaders and executives with insights and recommendations to guide strategic decision-making.
- Assist in shaping HR policies, procedures, and programs using data-driven insights.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to address specific HR inquiries and challenges.
Promote Data-Driven Culture:
- Cultivate a data-driven mindset within HR and throughout the organization, emphasizing the value of data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with HR professionals to enhance their data analysis skills and encourage proactive use of HR data.
Your subsequent project rotations will be defined after you begin the program, however, general duties may include:
- Clearly communicating strategy, priorities, and tasks in team meeting and individual settings.
- Serving as a business resource for your department to help define, estimate, prioritize and implement solutions for new business opportunities.
- Developing project plans to monitor and track progress; measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Regular reporting and communication of project statuses to Senior Management.
- Creating and delivering presentation materials to project stakeholders as required.
- Participating in business-relevant project within an international business unit during a max. 3-month international assignment.
- Potential for regular communication (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly) with international business units to discuss possible solutions, align approaches, share expertise, and propose recommendations regarding business problems.
- Supporting department goals by enhancing methods, processes and standards. Proactively suggesting and developing improvement opportunities for methods and processes.
- Identifying trends and recommending proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
Knowledge You Should Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Desire to grow into a leadership position
- Ability to temporarily relocate and travel internationally
- Valid passport or ability to obtain passport within 6 months of hire
- Proven experience in translating business needs into technical requirements and executing data science projects.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R.
- Strong data manipulation and visualization skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Exceptional Candidates Might Have
- Master’s degree in business-related focus
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experiences
- Strong desire to work in an intercultural environment
- Big-picture thinker who is passionate to work with others and achieve great things for the future
- Unafraid to challenge the status quo with fresh ideas and perspectives
- Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resource Information Systems) especially Workday and HR processes.
- Knowledge of natural language processing (NLP) for text data analysis.
- Experience in roles emphasizing the translation of business needs into technical solutions.
- Understanding of privacy and ethical considerations associated with HR data analysis.
- Familiarity with HR analytics and reporting
This position is not eligible for relocation support
Where We Work
This position is open to applicants who can work in (or relocate to) the following location(s)- Portland, OR US
How We Collaborate
To continue building a great place to work for all, we are committed to a culture that creates flexibility and encourages a supportive working environment that achieves the needs of our business and employees.
At Daimler Truck North America, we recognize our world is changing faster than ever before. By listening to the needs of today, we’re building to solve with cutting-edge solutions in sustainability and future driving technology across electric, hydrogen and autonomous. These solutions, backed by years of innovative success and achievement, continue DTNA’s legacy as the undisputed industry leader. Our evolving brand portfolio is second to none, including Freightliner Trucks, Western Star, Demand Detroit, Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner Custom Chassis, and Financial Services. Together, we work as one team towards our envisioned future – building a cleaner, safer and more efficient tomorrow for all.
That is what we are working toward - for all who keep the world moving.
- This position is not open for Visa sponsorship or to existing Visa holders
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the country the position is located in at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Final candidate may be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen
- Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions
Daimler Truck North America is committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender and transitioning status), genetic information, or veteran status.