Zendesk is looking for a Data Scientist to join Enterprise Data & Analytics.
In the Decision Science group, you will be a member of a small but mighty team tasked with the most complicated and exciting problems facing the business!
On any given day, you may be exploring new datasets, learning the intricacies of a business process, building models, perfecting visualizations, or coordinating the operationalization of an asset. You’ll work with a collaborative team where you will quickly develop wide exposure to different functions and best practices for applying data science in very human environments.
Most importantly, we build things that matter! The insights we uncover and tools we develop immediately benefit our stakeholders. We strive to fail fast and iterate quickly so that we make the biggest difference with our business partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deploy models to tackle meaningful and ambitious problems for the business
- Educate stakeholders on how to interpret the results of each model and use the results to make better business decisions
- Collaborate with inte Data teams to ensure that data quality and tooling are a priority to support the models that get built
- Manage existing models that have been deployed to make sure they stay operational and continue to maintain the expected results
What You Bring To The Role:
- Have 2+ years of experience in a Data Science role
- Have empathy for non-technical audiences and understand how to explain your findings
- Become comfortable with ambiguous problems and will roll with a first draft in order to learn
- Balance art and science: outstanding analysis as well as beautifully simple visualizations
- Have mastered SQL and can navigate a wide variety of data sets and tools
- Have an in-depth understanding of Python and its data science libraries - e.g. pandas, scipy, sci-kit-learn, etc.
- Advanced STEM degrees
- Familiarity with software development standards, processes, and tooling, such as unit testing, git, and Docker
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Vertex AI, and SageMaker
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
The US annualized base salary range for this position is $102,000.00-$152,000.00. This position may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, or related incentives. While this range reflects the minimum and maximum value for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations, the offer for the successful candidate for this position will be based on job related capabilities, applicable experience, and other factors such as work location. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only (or OTE for commissions based roles), and do not include bonus, benefits, or related incentives.
The intelligent heart of customer experience
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 5,000 employees worldwide are collaborating from kitchen tables, home offices, coworking spaces, and Zendesk workspaces to make one team.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.