Zendesk is looking for a Data Science Manager to join the Enterprise Data & Analytics team.
In the Data Science group, you will lead a small but mighty team tasked with the most complicated and exciting problems facing the business!
On any given day, you may be mentoring your team members, exploring new datasets, learning the intricacies of a business process, building models, perfecting visualizations, or coordinating the operationalization of an asset. You’ll work with a collaborative team where you will quickly develop wide exposure to different functions and best practices for applying data science in very human environments.
Most importantly, we build things that matter! The insights we uncover and the tools we develop immediately benefit our stakeholders. We strive to fail fast and iterate quickly so that we make the biggest difference with our business partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Mentor and develop team members and their professional development, while balancing managerial responsibilities with individual project portfolio
- Identifying new opportunities within the business where data science could have a large impact
- Partner with leadership from Product, Sales, Marketing, Success, and Finance to complete a prioritized list of analytic needs
- Develop and deploy models to tackle meaningful and ambitious problems for the business
- Educate collaborators on how to interpret the results of each model and use the results to make better business decisions
- Collaborate with other data teams to ensure that data quality and tooling is in place to support our models
- Manage existing models that have been deployed to make sure they stay operational and continue to maintain the expected results
What You Bring To The Role:
- 5+ years of proven experience in a similar role
- People management experience with a player-coach approach and a strong willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Have empathy for non-technical audiences and understand how to explain your findings
- Comfortable with ambiguous problems and will roll with a first draft in order to learn.
- Balance art and science: outstanding analysis as well as beautifully simple visualizations
- Have mastered SQL and can navigate a wide variety of data sets and tools
- Have an in-depth understanding of Python and its data science libraries - e.g. pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.
- Experience with GCP or AWS
- Advanced STEM degree
- Familiarity with software development standards, processes, and tooling, such as unit testing, git, and Docker
- Experience with Vertex AI and/or Sagemaker
- Knowledge and experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a bonus, especially on dialogue, information retrieval, classification or sequence-to-sequence models
The intelligent heart of customer experience
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 5,000 employees worldwide are collaborating from kitchen tables, home offices, coworking spaces, and Zendesk workspaces to make one team.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.