Data Scientist IFull time
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Data Scientist I
Mastercard works to connect and power a sustainable and inclusive global economy. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Launch program is a development program that is supplemental to the role and is designed to help you transition from being a student to being a Mastercard employee. In this program, you will participate in:
Four-day orientation focused on getting to know Mastercard, building your skills, and be a force for good (Mastercard’s culture)
- Professional skills workshops
- Launch Innovation Week
- Social impact – pro bono team challenge
- Global Volunteer Challenge
As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gather relevant information to define the business problem
- Creative thinker capable of linking AI methodologies to identified business challenges
- Develop AI/ML applications leveraging the latest industry and academic advancements
- Ability to work cross-functionally, and across borders drawing on a broader team of colleagues to effectively execute the AI agenda
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or accelerated master’s program graduating between Dec 2023 – June 2024.
- Less than 1 year of professional work experience (not including internships).
- Demonstrated passion for AI competing in sponsored challenges such as Kaggle
- Deep Learning algorithm techniques, open source tools and technologies, statistical tools, and programming environments such as Python, R, and SQL
- Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, GPU Clusters for deep learning
- Classical Machine Learning Algorithms like Logistic Regression, Decision trees, Clustering (K-means, - Hierarchical and Self-organizing Maps), TSNE, PCA, Bayesian models, Time Series ARIMA/ARMA,
- Recommender Systems - Collaborative Filtering, FPMC, FISM, Fossil
- Deep Learning algorithm techniques like Random Forest, GBM, KNN, SVM, Bayesian, Text Mining techniques, Multilayer Perceptron, Neural Networks – Feedforward, CNN, LSTM’s GRU’s is a plus.
- Optimization techniques – Activity regularization (L1 and L2), Adam, Adagrad, Adadelta concepts; Cost
- Functions in Neural Nets – Contrastive Loss, Hinge Loss, Binary Cross entropy, Categorical Cross entropy; developed applications in KRR, NLP, Speech and Image processing
- Deep Learning frameworks for Production Systems like Tensorflow, Keras (for RPD and neural net architecture evaluation), PyTorch and Xgboost, Caffe, and Theono is a plus
This role is not eligible for Mastercard’s work authorization sponsorship. As such, candidates must be eligible to work in the United States, now as well as in the future, without employer sponsorship. For example, students or recent graduates in the United States on an F1 visa (including those with CPT or OPT authorization) are not eligible for this role.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.