Data ScientistFull time
What you will need
- 1-3 years hands-on experience building predictive models, recommendation systems, and/or NLP/text mining tools.
- Familiar with the foundational approaches to the major data science disciplines, such as data preparation, advanced statistics, machine learning, simulation, and natural language processing
- Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Connections to the recommendations and / or information retrieval academic community
- Experience and proficiency with various programming languages (e.g., Python), machine learning tools (e.g., scikit-learn), statistical packages (e.g., Scipy), SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, graph database), Linux and shell scripting
- Passion for new product development and product development lifecycle, including product strategy, development, and launch
- Bachelors in a quantitative research field (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, etc.).
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including company benefits with full medical, dental, and vision starting on day one, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, wellness rewards, 20 days of paid time-off, and more. Gartner is a high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Gartner associates strive to be high performers, problem solvers and team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump on board?
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we’re recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We’ve been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 92,000 USD - 130,410 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .