Jacobs is seeking for Data Scientist to support its federal client in Northern VA. The ideal candidate will have:
- The Data Scientist will be part of a team that ingests new datasets into the customer system, processes updates to existing datasets, and performs quality control and reporting functions, including data set monitoring, compliance, and auditing associated with ETL.
- Additionally, maintaining the initial staging data stores, the ETL tools and resource special purpose query intensive data warehouses, and special purpose data specific tools.
- Updating the enterprise ingest service as required for handling new data feeds and new data added to the systems.
- Responsible for supporting production activities associated with bulk data loading, querying, and alerting associated with entity management and maintaining ETL capabilities that utilize Splunk.
- Responsibilities: (describe the day-to-day): Conducts data analytics, data engineering, data mining, exploratory analysis, predictive analysis, and statistical analysis and uses scientific techniques to correlate data into graphical, written, visual, and verbal narrative products, enabling more informed analytic decisions. Proactively retrieves information from various sources, analyzes it to understand the data set better, and builds AI tools that automate specific processes.
- Collaborates with organizational stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive analytical solutions.
- Analyze call data records and provide analysis to an array of customers.
- Work with ETL data engineer to ingest, process, and clean disjointed/segregated monthly datasets.
- Support ad-hoc data investigations as determined and requested by the customer.
- Prepare and provide semi-annual reports on any anomalies or trends discovered.
- Proactively identify data investigation projects that detect areas for improvement.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Data Scientist with minimum Bachelors Degree in relevant Information Techology majors.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with SQL databases and front-end query tools (e.g., SQL Workbench).
- Knowledge of Tableau or other reporting or presentation software tools.
- Experience with scripting tools to format data (e.g., Python).
Must have TS/SCI++ clearance
- Experience with graph databases (e.g., Neo4J)
- Experience working in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS)
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI tools